Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not about best prices. I just wanted to recognize some of the OLGS that have really good (considerate, polite, nice, understanding, great customer service, etc.) people running the business.

www.Boardsandbits.com
www.Gamesurplus.com
www.Thoughthammer.com
www.Timewellspent.com
www.fairplaygames.com

I'm know there are others, but my recent experiences with these retailers have reinforced (I've ordered from all of them at some point) my good impressions and I highly recommend all of them..they represent our hobby well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OLGS with "Good People"
Could you clarify on what they did to go above and beyond?

In my own experience, Coolstuffinc.com is awesome. One of my orders got lost during shipping and they gave me a full refund. Since then I have used them almost exclusively for my game orders. The only time I order elsewhere is when Coolstuffinc is out of stock on a game I need. Another thing about Coolstuffinc worth noting is that they provide great prices, free shipping on orders over $100, and a customer loyalty discount. Truly a great store.

Also, I have to give a special thanks to GMTgames.com for sending me two free games due to the fact that I am recently unemployed. They are doing some great work by fostering the game community during these tough economic times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: OLGS with "Good People"
They didn't necessarily "DO" anything...they just treated my inquiries in a very personable way.

I've just had direct correspondence with the listed retailers regarding games recently and the correspondences were prompt, polite, and often very personable...make you feel like you're truly a friend.

I've had experiences with other retailers that were less than satisfactory and sometimes downright rude...I chalk those up to having a bad day, so I won't name names.

I agree with you about coolstuffinc...I just haven't had any real correspondence with them...never had a problem that warranted any reason.

Bouldergames is another retailer I've had nothing but good experiences with.

Heron Games (Britain) was exceptional when my first order from them was completely destroyed in transit...big thumbs up for them if you're looking for a retailer overseas.

GMT deserves a special place in the "Hall of Good Guys"...they really raised the bar.

So in short the retailers listed are not the be all, end all...just some that I've had "recent" positive experiences with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
www.fungamescafe.com

www.germangames.com

Both sites are run by fantastic people who respond quickly to all inquiries and who have tracked down some hard-to-find games for me over the years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I encourage you (and others) to add your experiences to this OLGS geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/44058

I think customer service is perhaps in many ways the most important part of where I order from (I won't order from a certain site ever again, no matter if they had games for a dollar).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board games addict
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I have ordered several games from Funagaingames.com and have always been happy with it. They ship so fast and good packaging and they have more obscure games in stock too.

Their prices are not the cheapest but because of the service I have received they are my go to online game store and I order from them first.

Another store I give props to is Amazon.com, or rather they have an internaL game store that handles selling some boardgames, I think it is called Robinson games. Anyway, good experiences with them too.

Finally, there is an outstanding ebay seller called J&J games and they are very good in their customer service and if I am buying something on ebay I always look for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.