tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

I am getting way into planning part of my time and making sure I see way more of GC this year, not just the Heroscape room and vendors hall - but both of those will be covered.

There are a few Game I would love to play with other gamers and thought a list for people to and hook up and play might be nice?

I really want to play some

Kingdoms, Micropul, and Colossal Arena with just 2 people but someone who has played a lot.

I also would like to get in some Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game and their new one I have not tried yet A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty experienced at Kingdoms (and 2 player Kingdoms) and would enjoy a game or two of that. I've got some experience with Colossal Arena as well. I've never played Micropul.

I can GeekMail you a cell number if interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to play Combat Commander with others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to Gen Con the last 15 years, though last year was the start of my real interest in board games. I spent most of last year playing demos and shopping in the dealer's hall.

Is there a large ballroom dedicated to boardgaming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:
I've been to Gen Con the last 15 years, though last year was the start of my real interest in board games. I spent most of last year playing demos and shopping in the dealer's hall.

There is an open gaming area, with a board game library.........I forget where its located.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Nuts wrote:

Ballroom 500 is for board gaming. I believe room 116 or 117 is usually the open game room. They have a great library to rent games from and people bring quite a few as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan - sounds great, I have been playing a lot of Kingdoms 2 person and am really trying to figure out strategies for it. Colossal also is a great 2 player, and I would love to play this one who plays fairly fast, my friend who plays is just amazingly slow at it.

Micropul is a PNP and so worth learning for 2 person game

Mr_nuts - oh yea the open game room and library rock I tell, just way to fun to have access to hundred of games you can try, but I prefer to have someone playing who has some experience in the game and can explain it along the way, so the library is a great place to find other to play with. I sat by the check out line and waited for people with a game I wanted to try and asked if I could join, unless they had the limited number of people already I always got in on the games, very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Moriarty
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am looking for experienced opponents for the 2 player card driven wargames (Wilderness War, Triumph of Chaos, Shifting Sands, etc). Email me if you are interested.

Games that I will bring and would be interested in learning: Breakout Normandy, Manoeuvre, Habit of Victory, ASL Starter Kit#1, A Most Dangerous Time, Clash of Giants, Reds!, Tigers in the Mist, Flying Colors, Flat Top, Great War in Europe, Asia Engulfed.

Mark,

If you want to teach me Combat Commander, let me know and we can schedule a time.

Bob Moriarty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Klaus
United States
Cary
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be really interested in playing Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) or some Descent: Journeys in the Dark if anyone is looking for another player. I haven't played either so I am hoping to get a game in over Gen Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Moriarty
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
John,

If you go to GENCON, let me know and we can schedule some sessions. I play just about all of the 2 player card driven wargames.

Since I try to schedule pickup games beforehand, I play wargames non-stop all 4 days.

Bob Moriarty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to have someone experienced teach me Space Alert while we're there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also be up for
space alert
space hulk
or
Galaxy trucker

none of which I have Played yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooogene wrote:
Mr_Nuts wrote:

Ballroom 500 is for board gaming. I believe room 116 or 117 is usually the open game room. They have a great library to rent games from and people bring quite a few as well.

Asked elsewhere:
Which rooms exactly are open gaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Last year I was dying to get a game of Galactic Emperor, but there were far, far too few slots.

So, I wouldn't mind that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indybob wrote:
I am looking for experienced opponents for the 2 player card driven wargames (Wilderness War, Triumph of Chaos, Shifting Sands, etc). Email me if you are interested.

Games that I will bring and would be interested in learning: Breakout Normandy, Manoeuvre, Habit of Victory, ASL Starter Kit#1, A Most Dangerous Time, Clash of Giants, Reds!, Tigers in the Mist, Flying Colors, Flat Top, Great War in Europe, Asia Engulfed.

Mark,

If you want to teach me Combat Commander, let me know and we can schedule a time.

Bob Moriarty

Good luck Bob, but GenCon is really not the place to go for board wargaming. For board wargaming you would be better off at WBC, ConsimWorld Expo or even the Board Room at Origins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Moriarty
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Joel,

I agree with you, however, I live in Indianapolis. I do manage to play the card driven wargames non-stop all 4 days, however, the number of wargamers (excluding Axis & Allies) is very small (maybe 10 wargamers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indybob wrote:
Joel,

I agree with you, however, I live in Indianapolis. I do manage to play the card driven wargames non-stop all 4 days, however, the number of wargamers (excluding Axis & Allies) is very small (maybe 10 wargamers).

I find it hard to believe that out of 30,000 people, you happen to know there is around 10 wargamers. All of those people playing in the hundreds of miniature wargame events don't count as wargamers? There are thousands of board game fans at gen con, and I'm willing to bet many of them like playing wargames. Just because they don't devote the majority of their time to playing certain wargames doesn't mean they aren't "wargamers". You seem to have a very narrow definition of what constitutes a "wargamer".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
Indybob wrote:
Joel,

I find it hard to believe that out of 30,000 people, you happen to know there is around 10 wargamers. All of those people playing in the hundreds of miniature wargame events don't count as wargamers? There are thousands of board game fans at gen con, and I'm willing to bet many of them like playing wargames. Just because they don't devote the majority of their time to playing certain wargames doesn't mean they aren't "wargamers". You seem to have a very narrow definition of what constitutes a "wargamer".

Gotta go with the "wargamers" on this one. There just do not seem to be that many wargamers around during GenCon. There may be some (joke) closet wargamers. But I know of only a few wargamers.

I mean chess is a wargame. . . sort of. But it really is not when the wargamers think. I play chess and wargames. Well, anyway, I digress. I know what they mean.

William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Library list looks great this year, I am excited for a bunch of them:

Pit Fighter
SOC
Tomb of the lich lord

to name a few
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Koff
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: GenCon - Looking to play in the open Game Room(s)
Looking to play a lot of NAVIA DRATP in open gaming this year! Then a bunch of games that I have not tried yet. I'm very good at the first three AXIS & ALLIES games. I may get in some of that. May get in some good old Avalon Hill DUNE. Look forward to gaming with y'all arrrh
-Dude
PS I'm actually scheduled for a couple rpgs this year too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all - thanks for the info, I wasn't sure how the open game rooms worked. I'm looking for a time I could grab a few of you for playtesting a boardgame we have in development. The game is about 90min and plays 4. We took it to Protospiel and got some really positive responses, so we are looking to keep polishing it through playtesting. I'm flexible on when is best, preferably Thurs or Fri, before things get crazy. I'd prefer to line up some sessions with some BGG guys instead of asking around at the con.

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doppelganger89 wrote:
I would be really interested in playing Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) or some Descent: Journeys in the Dark if anyone is looking for another player. I haven't played either so I am hoping to get a game in over Gen Con.

I'm your huckleberry.

I love TI3. Maybe we can set up an ad hoc game? Know of any other players? I can teach this one if need be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Daulton
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

I'm another player. I've never played before, but if you are willing to teach, I'm willing to play. I'm available any day but Saturday. Please let me know.

-Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested, I'll be running Ninjato play tests at various times in the open gaming area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ooogene wrote:
Jim,

I'm another player. I've never played before, but if you are willing to teach, I'm willing to play. I'm available any day but Saturday. Please let me know.

-Adam

Awesome. Maybe Friday afternoon? I have a Call of Cthulhu game at 8pm that I won't miss, though. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.