Subject: Pimping my Jump-Drive rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my house, we love RftG. the girlfriend and I play at least half a dozen games a week, and it's often taken with us when we go away for the weekend. Naturally, I was going to pimp this game, so here's what I did. No pictures I'm afraid as the digital camera is playing up.

Like many people, I thought RftG would have been better off using cards instead of counters for VP. So, I decided to make my own. Thanks to Chris for the Graphics:

Variant cards for the five and 10 VP cards:

And similarly, one for the orange Goal chips:

Speaking of Goals, I made some in a card format for easy transport & shuffling, again, thx to Chris for the graphics:

Versions of these are also available here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/44451
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/42157

On the Takeovers side, made a card to show if Takeovers are on or off, as some of our players are a touch short sited. Two versions, plain and fancy:

I also I made card-sized Miliary Trackers, easier to reansport, easier to use, and slso an optional card back:

I intend to buy cubes for the other military bonuses (blue, brown, green, yellow), bigger red cubes for the main military, and replace the Rebeland Imperium indicator cubes with big cylinders. Two grey cubes and a black cube will replaces the trackers for the Rebel Pacts and Imperium Seat.

I also usd bits from other BGG contributors, notably the draw & discard mat:

and the VP chips (for playing at home):

I'm hoping, once the third expansion is released, to make a new box to hold the entire thing, expansions and all.

So, what have you lot done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While you were busy doing all that, I was actually playing the game.

But seriously, nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Filipović
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the basic game held a lot of charm with that reductionist attitude of having cards as money and cards as goods markers - not using any physical tokens in play besides cards and VPs. I never understood why the goals were produced in the format they were, and not as cards (that could be translated too).

This is why I especially like your solution for goals. Though the rest is cool to have too (doing away with VPs too, for example).

And nice work graphics-wise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What have I done? I'm making a wooden box, to hold the entire game (including 3rd expansion, I hope). Actually, I'm making 3 - I have the first one built but not yet varnished, but the other two have been delayed due to bad weather (every time in the last week that I've taken my tools and workbench outside, it's started to rain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Brink of War stuff here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/5055515

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.