Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tested today. My players say that this dice add some variety to the game.

First time I played I win with the Harkonnes thanks to the assignment result that I got 2 locations with 3 troops each.

The second time win annother player with the corrino. The sand storm make some problems to the Bene player and my fort was evaporate before I enjoyed it.

The Corrino win with a location with 5 Sardurkars! and annother with 4 Sardurkars and a fort (you need a force of 9 to conquer this location).

The comment was that the dice was funny but it was not determinant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sutherland
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i like this idea, will play it soon and check it out

i think the forts might be too strong, but we'll play and see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds like a good 'un

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which combination of faces does each die have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ASutherland wrote:
i like this idea, will play it soon and check it out :)

i think the forts might be too strong, but we'll play and see :)

And put your review and ideas please :D

swandive78 wrote:
Which combination of faces does each die have?

Combination? No, no It is only a die.

I putted the image that I used to create the prototype.

The first line is the die with the 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 results.

The second is the forts tokens.

And the third is the sand storm token.

In two games the forts were not very important. I will test this more or... that you need two atomics to destroy then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I uploaded a updated image.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hallo, I created this image variant for dice/counters engraving, if anyone would be interested.

(It's made using the Dune and the Webdings font)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Image of the new dice.

If you like you can use the old, this one is more old dune gameboard feeling.

I will explain the new rules afther.

You will (or expect) need a storm token, 6 citadels tokens (one per player) and 6 leader tokens (one per player)

Xehult I used one of your images :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Summary:

- Citadel.

I you obtain a citadel result: Pay 1 spice and place a citadel token in to the active location.
If anyone attack a location with a citadel the attacker remove first one of his troops, afther this resolve the combat.

If you conquer a location with a citadel you can pay 1 aditional spice to conquer it. If you dont pay retire the token.

If a player conquer two locations with a citadel, if in the next turn nobody destroy or conquer one of the citadels the player win.

A citadel can block a transfer troops of a player.

You cant create a citadel in to polar.

- Sand storm.

Place the sand storm at the beggining of the game at a ramdom location.

If a location have a token sand storm token: you cant place troops in it, you cant transfer troops in to it, a player with a sand storm token in one of his territories must rest one spice to the spice dice result.

If any player have troops in to a sand storm location and the location is attacked by other player, the territorie can not be conquered. Resolve the combat and dont put troops in to the sand storm location.

If you obtain a sand storm result in to the dice you can move the sand storm token to a adjacent location.

A sand storm can block a transfer troops of a player.

You cant place the sand storm in to the polar.

- Transfer troops.

If you obtain a transfer troops result you can relocate your troops into your territory conquered only if you can draw a line between the territories. A enemy citadel or storm token act as blocking. And you cant put troops in to the polar or pass throw the polar.

- Leader.
If you obtain a leader result: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/529021/dune-express-the-...

It will need more test but the actual result like me.

When I finsihed the test i will upload.

A photo of the expansion dice and the tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will change the transport troops to make more... DuMe feeling with the troop pool and the tanks of the original game.

Now the players can construct a semiconstant flow of troops.

The sandstorm can interrupting this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tested.

I like more with the troops pool.

When a player choose a "transport troops" result the player can buy with his unussed spice a maximum of 2 troops. These troops are considered off-planet.

When a player´s turn start he move every troop "off planet" to the state of "on route", when the player attack he can add the troops on route to his force.

If you buy a citadel or leader upgrate you can add 1 to your maximum troops "off planet". A player with a leader and a conquered citadel can buy a limit of 4 troops "off planet" and 4 troops "on route"

When a sand strom enter in to your conquered territory it destroy every troop "on route" and the player can not move troops "off planet" to "on route"

This make the combats more bloody and fast the play.

I will test the option of add the Dune start-game disposal. Example: the Atreides start with 1 troop on the surface of Arrakis and with 1 troop "off planet", the Corrino start with 2 troops "off planet" and the Fremen have a territory with 2 troops on Arrakis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Today I tested with a friend and the expansion like him.

The play time for every game was around 15-20 minutes and the play was very fast and furious.

The first: a Fremen Vs Corrino. The Fremen win thanks his continous arrival of troops of the hidden face of Arrakis. They survive a continuos sand storm in to their territorie and make the sardurkar pray for mercy.

I was the Fremen :D

In the second play we use my optional rule of first deployment as the original Dune of AH.

This time I played with the Harkonnen and my friend the Atreides.

The Harkonnen and the Atreides start with a troop in to a location of Arrakis and a troop on route.

The Harkonnen genocide the Atreides thanks a gorgeus attacks of more of 7 troops per attack and a hiddeus traitors plans.

The Harkonnen conquest the Atreide´s citadel and erease every Atreides presence in to Arrakis.

Suddenly the atreides arrage a serie of desvastating attacks in to the Harkonnen cities and take them.

In to the next turn the Arkonnen incapable of reconquest his lost cities losse the control of Arrakis and surrended to the noble Atreides.

I lossed but the game was memorable.

I will upload the spanish rules first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules updated. I uploaded a set to BGG but I will delete it (some missing counters) and remplace by the next version.

You can read online folloging the next links.

-Spanish rules.

http://www.box.net/files#/files/0/f/0/1/f_450725090

- English rules (sorry my english)

http://www.box.net/files#/files/0/f/0/1/f_450908936

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

One thing only. A optional mini board to use to count the player´s troops "on planet" and "on route"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
WIP

For the next update...

- Rules clarified (a turn sequence)
- Some minor changes (the leader now add 2 troops max in the the reinforcement phase, you can create a citadel in any of your reclaimed territories and the space guild now commence with a troop "on planet" and a pool of 2 spices)
- A little board to count the troops "on planet" and "on route"
- Testing: My last (and final) variant "worm activity" In to the original rules the worm destroy every troop in to a territory, this is too drastic. I will create a little variant similar to my "sand storm" but at the start of a turn the first player throw the location die and put a "worm counter" in to the location marked. If the location have troops of a faction, in to the faction´s turn each time the player gets a score of sand worm in one of his rolls the player must remove a troop of the location.

If the location contain a citadel the player not remove troops.

And if you play with the thumper variant the player can use the thumper token to avoid the worm attack this turn.

And now... I have a excuse to model a sand worm with green stuff XD

Image of WIP worm token

EDIT WIP for the deluxe counter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finished the counter, when I have time I will publish the rules

The harvester is a bit... Dr. Slump. :D

http://img684.yfrog.com/gal.php?g=26092010003.jpg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Javier
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Final worm counter. It will be included in to the next version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.