Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
As a dutiful geekmodder, I have seen several images come through that are obviously 'better' versions of an image already posted - higher resolution, more in focus, not clipped, etc., etc. It would be good if there was a way for submitters and/or geekmodders to designate that the new image should replace the old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is that the original image may be linked into articles. It may also have some feature that isn't obvious. It might, for example, be the first edition box, and the new photo is a slightly different second edition box.

However, poorer images could be shuffled into an archival category, accessible, but not in the users' faces. I tend to think this is a good idea, as do many. Admin has not been convinced, though it comes up regularly. Admin is a bit busy just now with a bunch of site revisions, so this may not be a likely time for this suggestion to be accepted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.