Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official FAQ begins with one item of errata, from the example of assault (p 10 of the rules), where the errata changes the die roll of the British unit from a 2 to a 3 (in the original example, it's a 2.), but claims that "one damage cube is inflicted on the French."

I am troubled by the math here. I still read in two places--original and errata-- that the French assaulting player has THREE damage cubes to assign... he got one for the arty. With the errata change, he got TWO from infantry fire, which does add up to the three cubes shown in the picture.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I am just learning this game, but I think the errata is correct. As you noted, the British ART generated the first French damage cube while the British INF roll of "4" generated the second French damage cube.

The roll of "two" by the second British INF in the original rulebook would only have forced a French INF to retreat and would not have created a French damage cube. The errata changes that roll to a "three" which does create a third French damage cube.

Although I am a slow learner, I think a full turn completely spelled out to show how the mechanics work would be helpful for players. Waterloo is a beautiful game with some interesting mechanics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then it would have been helpful saying something other than "one cube damage..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hélio Andrade
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct and complete text should be:

He then fires once with each unit. He rolls a'4' with the Dutch unit and a '3' with the British unit. The Dutch unit has no modifiers and inflicts one damage cube. The British unit suffers a -1 penalty for having two damage cubes but gains a +1 modifier for being British infantry, resulting in one damage cube inflicted on the French. The attacking player must now assign damage cubes to units. He decides to assign the 2 cubes to the unit that already had 1 damage cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.