19 Princess Leia, Hoth Commander
18 Rebel Commando Strike Leader
48 Elite Rebel Commando x3
16 General Crix Madine
42 Veteran Rebel Commando x3
9 General Dodonna
(200pts. 12 activations)

The map was the Throne Room/Chancellor's Starship:

I started on the right side and ran to gambit in the first round using Master Speed from the Exceptional Jedi Apprentice. Everyone else advanced some. My opponent locked his commanders in the lower-left room and put all of his Commandos in cover. I put my commanders, Dash, and my ugnaughts in the room near the top right that has the green computer equipment. The 2 Ossus, the EJA, Kol, and the Mouse Droid moved close to gambit.

Eventually, he moved two commandos up into the north hallway and Dash mobiled out to attack them, eventually taking out both of them but one was saved via Leia's ability. He tried attacking an Ossus Guardian with them but the Ossus avoided everything.

The Speeder Bike flew in and strafe attacked some of my guys in gambit, but it was quickly killed in retaliation. It, too, was saved by Leia. Luke moved up and finished off the EJA, but then an Ossus and Kol took out Luke.

The rest of the game was a shootout in the western hallway. Dash moved down to join the Ossus Guardians with their Razorbugs. the Commandos at the other end of the hallway took lots of shots, but few hit and most of those that hit were avoided. Dash was much more effective than the razorbugs, but overall my side took out more than my opponent did. He made over half of his life-saving saves with Leia, but after he abandoned gambit and lost Luke the game was pretty well sealed. Time was called and I was ahead on points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Club Squirrel
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice game.
Although looking at the squads I would have instantly put money on you from the off. The NR saves with the Wedge & Leia are very powerful IMHO.

The Rebel Super-stealth is a solid tactic. Rebels generally lack the damage and attack values to really threaten, though Madine does go soe way to helping there. That said my mate often beats me with a Rebel SS squad, often making good use of his door control via the Elite Commando's.

I think if you were to include Mara Jade, Jedi instead of the Yuuzhan Vong you would have a very tough to beat squad. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vong are there to frustrate Push4 squads, though I didn't face any of those. I was surprised that the SuperStealth squad didn't have Rieekan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice build. Commandos can be very frustrating, but with Leia's force sense they really stand no chance against your squad. As you mentioned, Rieekan should be in the squad even though they have super stealh in case the opponent has force sense or an ability that ignores cover. You didn't mention it, but I am sure that came in handy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.