Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: aos [+] nyc [+] newyork [+] [View All]
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to NYC from Chicago. Back in Chicago, we had a weekly group dedicated to playing Age of Steam and other train games, and I was sad to leave it.

I'd like to get a group going here in Manhattan. Where are the Age of Steam aficionados? I would like to get a regular game going, weekly or bi-weekly at the least. I can host in Chelsea.

Other games I like include Stephenson's Rocket, Chicago Express, Imperial, Modern Art, Clippers, and Acquire. Am willing to play a variety of games but would love to have AoS be the focus, "main event" game of the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly love me some Age of Steam, and I live in Manhattan, but unfortunately or fortunately for other reasons, I'm moving to DC soon. I'd be up for a game or two of AoS this summer though before I head off. I think though that the person you're looking for is Morgan (sisteray), he's the AoS man around these parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teacher Fletcher
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Tom. In fact I discussed this with Morgan and he even mentioned your name. This thread is an attempt to smoke out other AoS'ers who may be in town.

When are you moving to DC? It would be good to get in a game before you leave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barton Campbell
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I first heard about these heavier economic games about a year ago on BGG. I've been playing wargames for a long time but Age of Steam and the other games you mentioned sound really interesting and I've been itching to play them. I live in Jersey City (20 minutes to Chelsea by Path train) and I drive into the city all the time. If I could get a copy of the rules (photocopy or scanned) I would be down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.