Subject: Couple of doubts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
OOhhhhh.. Da Red Snappa! Veeerrry tasty!
badge
You sooo stupid!
mbmbmbmbmb
anathemus wrote:
1A) When I play a tile that will connect a road with a black thief and a road with a red thief, can I still put my black thief on it and create an advantage of 2 black thieves against 1 red?

No you can't. The road already technically has a black thief on it and you are adding to that same road so you can't add another black thief to it. It works like any other situation with farming and building castles to where you can't just add another of your meeples to the same item unless they were originally two separate items and you were able to join them together in some fashion.

anathemus wrote:

1B) even if it was the last tile to complete the road?

You still can't even if it is the last tile to complete the road.

anathemus wrote:

1C) if somehow there was a road with 2 black thieves and 1 red thief, can black player and red player still put a tile there and keep putting meeples as well?

If you are adding to a road that has 2 black thieves and 1 red thief, no you can't add more meeples. The only way to add more meeples is to have a completely separate road that gets joined to that road. In this case with the 2 black thieves and the 1 red thief, black would get the points.

anathemus wrote:

2) When you guys play with the variant that allows you to pick 3 tiles instead of one, you then put throw two 2 tiles. so when there's no more tiles to play, can we use the tiles that were dropped out as well?

I've played this way, and what happened was... we had to reshuffle the tiles a couple of times, and it changed the gameplay, because playing this way, we know that 2 of the tiles we throwed out will be back on the table.

I personally have never played this way. We always draw just one tile versus three.

anathemus wrote:

3) The pig on I&C has to be placed like the builder correct? I mean.. first we put a tile and a meeple, then a tile and the pig, or is it different than the builder? we actually can put the pig and the meeple on the same turn.

We use the pig differently from the builder. Once the pig is placed, it stays there for the duration of the game like the farmer does. We also play it such that the pig has to be played on a separate turn from the farmer and you must be farming the area to place the pig on that area as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
anathemus wrote:
2) When you guys play with the variant that allows you to pick 3 tiles instead of one, you then put throw two 2 tiles. so when there's no more tiles to play, can we use the tiles that were dropped out as well?

I don't play this way either but I think you have it slightly wrong. I think the suggestion is to draw 3 tiles and KEEP the ones you don't play. On your turn, you draw a tile and play a tile. So you always have 3 to choose from in your hand. What might not be a good tile for you thise round could be the perfect one for you in a couple rounds.

But the point of this variant is to have more strategy and less luck. Drawing 3 and discarding 2 still keeps a heavy portion of luck with very little strategy.

But like I said, I don't play this way so maybe I am mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manisha DS
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
anathemus wrote:

I don't play this way either but I think you have it slightly wrong. I think the suggestion is to draw 3 tiles and KEEP the ones you don't play. On your turn, you draw a tile and play a tile. So you always have 3 to choose from in your hand. What might not be a good tile for you thise round could be the perfect one for you in a couple rounds.

But the point of this variant is to have more strategy and less luck. Drawing 3 and discarding 2 still keeps a heavy portion of luck with very little strategy.

This is how we play it as well. You draw 3 tiles and keep them. When you use one, you pick another and so always have 3 tiles in your hand, until the tiles start running out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PenumbraPenguin
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite elements of the game is searching for a use for an apparently useless tile, so I play with drawing a single tile at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johns
New Zealand
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
anathemus wrote:
Hey fellow gamers,

I have a couple of doubts on this game (playing with T&B and I&C)

Example:
1A) When I play a tile that will connect a road with a black thief and a road with a red thief, can I still put my black thief on it and create an advantage of 2 black thieves against 1 red?
1B) even if it was the last tile to complete the road?
1C) if somehow there was a road with 2 black thieves and 1 red thief, can black player and red player still put a tile there and keep putting meeples as well?

Your use of the word "still" suggests your questions were based on mistaken assumptions about what happens if there is only one thief already on a road. While Tim Collett's answer clearly addresses the examples you gave, I think the following points need to be made clear:

If you place a tile so as to extend a road that already has a thief of your own color, you cannot put a thief on that road.

If you place a tile so as to extend a road that already has a thief of somebody else's color, you cannot put a thief on that road.

Quote:

There are two good reasons why you can't. The first good reason why you can't is the existing black thief; the second is the existing red thief; each individually prevents you from putting a thief there. If you place a tile that will connect two existing roads, the only time you can put a thief on that connecting piece of road is if neither or the two existing pieces of road already has any thief at all on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.