Catan Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: replenishing cards after conflict event rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandy Russell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We are having a debate in my house about the rules regarding the "conflict" card (English rules, if it makes a difference).

Player A has a hand limit of 5 and rolls an event. The conflict card comes up. Player B holds the knight token and looks through Player A's hand, choosing 2 cards to place at the bottom of a deck.

Question 1: The rules say Player A cannot replenish her deck until the end of her next turn. Her turn is currently in progress, so does this really mean the *next* turn?

Assuming the answer to question #1 is yes-- which a literal reading would suggest-- what about replenishing *other* cards in her hand? So if, for example, she started this turn at a deficit because of the spy, or if she plays other cards during this turn. Does this mean she can't replenish *those* cards, either?

Again, the literal reading of the rules suggests that's the case, but WOW, that would make this the single most brutal event in the game, as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you replenish your hand at the end of your own turn. The "next" is just to point out that you wait to replenish when you lose or spend cards on an opponent's turn. You don't need to keep track of how you lost the cards during your turn. Simplicity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
So, to be clear, if you lost one card to the Spy in your opponent's last turn, and two cards to Conflict in your current turn, then you would be down three cards, and you would fully replenish your hand at the end of your current turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandy Russell
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thank you Dave and Gary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.