Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Mayday Games announces 3 new card sleeve sizes! UPDATED... IN STOCK! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

Well that was painful! Shipment FINALLY arrived to us on 9/16/09 and we are shipping all preorders. The cargo arrived at LAX on 9/2/09 and normally its only 3-5 days to clear the port and arrive here in Utah. It took two full weeks instead. The good news is we have them in stock now and allocation will be tight as with all our sleeves. Buy now if you want some as they will likely sell out shortly.

After tons of requests and lots of planning we proudly announce the release of three new card sleeve sets. Each of these will be 100 sleeves per pack and of the same quality as our other sleeves. We are keeping the prices low at $1.75 per pack of 100 of the new mini USA size and $2.25 per pack of 100 of USA Board Game size and the Card Game size sleeves. Details are as follows:

By very popular demand we are releasing a new sleeve! Please note these will be the same thickness as most of our sleeves at 40 microns.

These sleeves are GREAT for games with a lot of cards that stack. We have play tested a few thicknesses and this thickness works best if you have over about 60 cards in a pile. Any thicker and they simply fall over and difficult to shuffle due to the thickness.

These are designed for cards of 41 MM X 63 MM, or 1 5/8 X 2 1/2 inches. They are 100 per pack and priced for bulk purchasing (cheap).

Sku: MDG-7039, UPC: 080162890459

Examples of games with cards that this sleeve will fit: Arkham Horror, Twilight Imperium, World of Warcraft: The Board Game, Red November, and Cave Troll.*

By very popular demand we are releasing a new sleeve! Please note these will be the same thickness as most of our sleeves at 40 microns.

These sleeves are GREAT for games with a lot of cards that stack. We have play tested a few thicknesses and this thickness works best if you have over about 70 cards in a pile. Any thicker and they simply fall over and difficult to shuffle due to the thickness.

These are designed for cards of 56 MM X 87 MM, or 2 1/4 X 3 1/2 inches. They are 100 per pack and priced for bulk purchasing (cheap).

Sku: MDG-7040, UPC: 080162890565

Some of the MANY MANY games this will work for include: Citadels, Munchkin, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, War of the Ring, and Bohnanza*

By very popular demand we are releasing a new sleeve! Please note these will be the same thickness as most of our sleeves.

These are designed for cards of 63.5 MM X 88 MM, or 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" . They are 100 per pack and priced for bulk purchasing (cheap).

These sleeves are GREAT for card games with a lot of cards that stack. We have play tested a few thicknesses and this thickness works best if you have over about 75 cards in a pile. Any thicker and they simply fall over and difficult to shuffle due to the thickness.

Sku: MDG-7041, UPC: 080162890671

Most trading card games, Call of Cthulhu LCG, A Game of Thrones LCG, UFS, Pandemic.*

*Cave Troll, Citadels, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Red November, Twilight Imperium, BattleLore ™ Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Universal Fighting System © Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Wings of War ™ Nexus Editrice srl. The Lord of the Rings © Tolkien Enterprises. Call of Cthulhu and Arkham Horror ™ Chaosium, Inc. World of Warcraft ™ Blizzard Entertainment. A Game of Thrones ™ George R.R. Martin. Agricola and Pandemic ™ Z-Man Games. Dominion ™ Rio Grande Games. Bohnanza ™ Amigo GMbH. Pirate's Cove and Ticket to Ride ™ Days of Wonder. San Juan ™ Ravensburger Spieleverlag. Munchkin ™ Steve Jackson Games. El Grande and Thurn & Taxis ™ Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH. Settlers of Catan ™ Kosmos. Munchkin ™ Steve Jackson Games. Bohnanza ™ Amigo GMbH.

All rights reserved by their respective trademark holders. No challenge to any intellectual property rights is intended or implied by representations of compatability and no endorsements of any of our products by any other company is implied or represented. There, see if that keeps everyone off our backs!

Details can be found at:

http://maydaygames.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=sle...

We are working on a comprehensive database of each kind of card in each game for pretty much every major board game we can find and will post it up here and on our site as soon as it is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Gia
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mayday Games announces 3 new card sleeve sizes!
Brilliant, first we had none, now we have many? Seems like Fantasy Flight triggered something ;-) Thanks a lot, will order these asa these become available...

/dimi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These do come in packs of 100. much better than just 50, especially since most card games hit the 60-120 cards mark generally. I never liked having to buy 2 packs to fit M:TG decks into sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Martin
Canada
Mississauga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work with the sleeves- those mini-Euro sleeves are fantastic. Any chance on producing sleeves to fit games like Lost Cities and Adel Verpflichtet (Hoity Toity- the art cards)? These would be extra large sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:

So is 40 microns the same as:
1) The inexpensive euro sleeves
2) The same as the premium euro sleeves
3) Somewhere in between
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
echdareez wrote:
Brilliant, first we had none, now we have many? Seems like Fantasy Flight triggered something ;-) Thanks a lot, will order these asa these become available...

/dimi

Clearly in response to FFG... especially the reference to why 40 microns is the best thickness, as FFG card sleeves are slightly thicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Cleary
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't we just keep card sizes down to one or two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
Clearly in response to FFG... especially the reference to why 40 microns is the best thickness, as FFG card sleeves are slightly thicker.

Though I am not sure what difference it will really make with a game like Arkham Horror or Talisman. "Over 60 cards.." - probably chosen as FFG packs are only in 50s - is possibly an issue. However, Talisman currently has over 200 Adventure cards and will have considerably more as the game progresses with FFG, so I am not sure that even 40 microns will offer any deck stability on this scale.

I would be interested in comparing the two when they are released. Any chance of these being available at GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday Games WILL be at GenCon but we will not have the new sizes of sleeves available there. We will have the standard, premium and mini euro sleeves for purchase there though. They are restocking in about 10 days and all preorders for those three sizes will ship then. We are about 90% sold out after what we have allocated for GenCon.

The newer sleeves will be available in late August. We MAY even have them at Essen but it depends on how GenCon goes. We have a very small marketing budget.

As for the thickness, I'm sure the market will determine what is better. I can say our 90 micron premium sleeves are about that the limit of what you can stuff back into a Dominion box. The Copper pile at 90 micron sleeves is about as tall as you want it.

We will have a demo version of our games: Space Junkyard and hopefully Hagoth: Builder of Ships as well. Please stop by and say hi if you're at GenCon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Seth, I'll be there so will come and say hello.

I am genuinely interested as to which style of sleeve will be better for Talisman so I can make some sort of feature for my site.

I have never actually used sleeves before and am not entirely sure I will, but I know some people are rather keen on the practice.

I bought a set of your Mini Euro sleeves a while ago at a local shop to try them and have ordered some more from BGE. However, having sleeves that are actually sized correctly would be better. I think I am not struck by the sleeves because of the "play" in the sleeve, because they are not specifically made for Talisman cards. Obviously this should change with a more snug fit.

My point was that for a game like Talisman that has 200 Adventure cards currently and a lot more in prospect, even using thinner sleeves may not be an option. I will no doubt be conducting some tests like I normally do, even if I am not going to use them myself. However, I must say the price difference between the two makes of sleeve will probably be a major factor at the end of the day!

I shall look out for these in August, and swing by your booth to see if you have any samples on display!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jon, I'll keep an eye out for you!

As to the thickeness, all of our sleeves EXCEPT the premium sleeves are 40 microns thick. The premium sleeves are 90 microns.

Download our new card sleeve guide to over 300 games with sizes and type of sleeve(s) required. Please note some games have more than one size of card.

http://www.maydaygames.com/sleeves.pdf

It is sort of rough and is missing the # of cards from several games, anyone who has any to add or additional information please let us know.

We will not have the newest sleeve sizes at GenCon. Hopefully for Essen though. We're not even sure about our presence at Essen yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Graber
United States
Louisville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to get sleeves for the Catan Card Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgraber wrote:
I'd like to get sleeves for the Catan Card Game.

Square sleeves? that is an odd one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is an odd one but they could also be used for Power Grid as I'm fairly sure the cards are the same sizes for these two games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
good point. I'd call them Power Grid card sized sleeves since it is a much more popular game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, if only I'd known this was coming down the pike. I would have held off on ordering the Euro sleeves for my copy of Twilight Imperium. Sure would be nice not to have that extra 5mm of play at the top of the sleeve...

Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update, the sleeves are looking like late August release at this point. Also our restock of standard, premium and mini euro sleeves came in and we shipped most of the preorders out today and the rest tomorrow morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ziemba
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
The best list of card sizes I've found to date (it isn't very complete and it is in Korean) can be found here:

http://interhobby.co.kr/board/board.html?code=interhobby_boa...

First column: Game name
2nd column: # cards in game
3rd: card size in mm

Looking forward to a more complete database, suggest you include card count in addition to card size for the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We actually have a more complete list of games you can check out at

www.maydaygames.com/sleeves.pdf

We are looking to create a more comprehensive list, anyone who has any additions or changes please email a file with changes to maydaygames@gmail.com.

You can download an excel file of this for easier editing and searching at www.maydaygames.com/sleeves.xls

We started a contest to help add to this list at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/430461

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To help people find the sleeves they need for games and with permission from our friends at Mayday Games we have used the spreadsheet to produce an easy to us sleeve size finder service on our website at:
http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?cat=48
While we only supply to the UK and EU, other gamers from further afield are welcome to use this to work out what sleeves they need.

As Mayday Games UK distributor we have the new sizes available for UK (and indeed European) customers to pre-order.

thank you,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited to finally recieve my shipment of standard USA sleeves (Purple Packs) today only to find out that they don't fit my Descent, MEQ and Battlestar Galactica cards - the sleeves are just a bit too small and the cards won't slide in.

Was this an error in the manufacturing process? Maybe it an issue early in the manufacturing process that was caught and I got some of the bad batch?

The Mini USA sleeves I ordered fit those cards perfectly.

Is anyone else having this issue with the Standard USA sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

I think you just got a bad batch. We've emailed to find out more info from you. We will replace any sleeves that don't fit and are investigating on this end to see the extent of the problem. We should have more info from the factory early next week.

Honestly I think some of the problem is that FFG has stated their card sizes on their website and on their sleeve sizes and we have produced our product based on those dimensions. From what we are seeing it looks like their cards are actually a little bigger than the stated dimensions of their card sleeves and indeed their sleeves are significanly bigger/taller than the stated sizes.

We were going for more of a perfect fit and with some production variance I think we will have a few packs that don't quite fit certain games. We have another batch with more play in them coming and will replace anyone's sleeves that don't quite fit

Email us at maydaygames@gmail.com with any problems at all and we will take care of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am having the same issue as Brian. I ordered 25 packs of the purple sleeves to sleeve 23 different games. The sleeves fit fine on some of the games, but not on others. Here is the breakdown of what worked and what didn't for me:

Fit:
Brass
Hannibal
Freeloader
Lupus in Tabula
Unexploded Cow
Galaxy Trucker
Give Me the Brain
Modern Art (Mayfair)
Roborally
Ticket to Ride Europe, Marklin, and 1910
War of the ring

Didn't fit:
Brawl
Nexus
Agora
Witch Trial
US Patent Number 1
Slide 5
Arkham Horror
Dunwich Horror
Battlestar Galactica
Set

In all, the number of sleeves that didn't work adds up to 1,080 cards. So, I would like to request 11 packs of replacement sleeves when you get the size adjusted. I'll email you to give you my shipping info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Seth - I recieved your e-mail and will continue correspondance with you there. Thanks for your great customer service and quick response to this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee,

That is exactly the info we need! I measured some cards and the purple size fits exactly on Kingsburg but not on Middle Earth Quest. Both are by FFG so we assumed the card sizes would be the same.

MEQ is actually 1 MM bigger than FFG advertises on their own website and since our sleeves are designed to fit exactly they will NOT fit when a manufacturer gives the wrong size. We are announcing two new sleeve sizes for games that are "in between" our current USA sleeves and our Euro sleeves. Right now we have:

Euro Sleeves: 59 X 92 MM Cards (Blue)
USA Sleeves: 56 X 87 MM Cards (Purple)

and

Mini Euro Sleeves: 45 MM X 68 MM (Blue)
Mini USA Sleeves: 41 MM X 63 MM (Yellow)

We are happy to fix this problem by releasing the following two new types of sleeves:

USA Chimera Sleeves: 57.5 MM X 89 MM (Orange)
Mini Chimera Sleeves: 43 MM X 65 MM (Red)

More options are better than fewer and an exact fit for your game is better than a loose one, so we feel this is the best solution.

Please checkout our announcement at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3950433
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.