Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a quest (Seek Treasure) that says "Upon finding a Treasure outside of Arabia ...."

I see Arabia (and Africa and Indit) on the map, but it doesn't really show what encounter spaces are in Arabia and what aren't. Any idea where the boundary line is supposed to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old map used to have a Civilised (Araby) area, where you rolled encounter dice as is, and a Wilderness (Outside Araby) area where you added 2 to your roll
Does the new board not have this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Maroney
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, we took out the "add 2 to the roll" rule by just incorporating that adjustment into the number printed on most spaces. So I guess the current rule is, "Arabia is any of the spaces near Baghdad which do not have a number printed on them".

On examining the map, I'm a little amazed that there's no direct route between Antioch and Baghdad. That's true in the first and second editions, too--so it's not a mistake, it's just odd. I can't believe I never noticed that before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.