Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least two things (completing a quest and declaring victory) requires that you "remain in the space after having an encounter. Encounters occur after movement.

So does this mean that the encounter must not result in you being moved from the spot? Or does it mean that you have to move to a space, have an encounter, then stay in that same space next turn (and have yet another encounter).

Assuming the former is the correct answer, what about if an encounter requires that you "move 3 spaces." If you can find a path that leads you back to the same city in 3 moves, does that count as "remaining in the space after an encounter?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Spencer, I don't mean to be rude, but couldn't you have put all your questions in ONE thread? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
Spencer, I don't mean to be rude, but couldn't you have put all your questions in ONE thread? shake

Yes, I could have.

But I've found that when other people are looking for answers to questions (including myself), it's easier to find if someone has already asked that question by looking for a specific subject rather than a subject that says "10 completely different questions" and then going through the list hoping to find the one you wanted.

Apologies, I didn't think it would bother anyone so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Binzer wrote:
UniversalHead wrote:

Yes, I could have.

But I've found that when other people are looking for answers to questions (including myself), it's easier to find if someone has already asked that question by looking for a specific subject rather than a subject that says "10 completely different questions" and then going through the list hoping to find the one you wanted.

I appreciate this. There is nothing more frustrating than searching for rules answers and coming across a dozen forum subjects that say, "A couple of questions here," or some such.

On the other hand, Binzer, I'm guessing that you passed the Bar (for rules lawyer) on your first attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sky Knight X wrote:
Binzer wrote:
UniversalHead wrote:

Yes, I could have.

I appreciate this. There is nothing more frustrating than searching for rules answers and coming across a dozen forum subjects that say, "A couple of questions here," or some such.

On the other hand, Binzer, I'm guessing that you passed the Bar (for rules lawyer) on his first attempt.

LOL. That's just scary SK. I used to be a lawyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Binzer wrote:
At least two things (completing a quest and declaring victory) requires that you "remain in the space after having an encounter. Encounters occur after movement.

So does this mean that the encounter must not result in you being moved from the spot? Or does it mean that you have to move to a space, have an encounter, then stay in that same space next turn (and have yet another encounter).

Assuming the former is the correct answer, what about if an encounter requires that you "move 3 spaces." If you can find a path that leads you back to the same city in 3 moves, does that count as "remaining in the space after an encounter?"

It means the former. The encounter just has to leave you in the same spot.

I don't know for sure about the 'move 3 space' question, but I feel strongly that this would not count as remaining in the space after the encounter, even if you move back there.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Beni
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
Binzer wrote:

It means the former. The encounter just has to leave you in the same spot.

I don't know for sure about the 'move 3 space' question, but I feel strongly that this would not count as remaining in the space after the encounter, even if you move back there.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. That's how we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.