Hide
6 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: A question about movement and gates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarah Jaernecke
msg tools
In my currently ongoing game, poor Jenny seems to have some bad luck with gates. She got sucked into the Abyss when a gate opened at Independence Square. Then, she failed a Luck check while in the Abyss and got moved to the Black Cave. This leaves the Abyss unexplored, which is annoying enough, but my question is:

There is another gate at the Black Cave, guarded by a chthonian. In the next turn, does Jenny get a chance to sneak away from the chthonian and go somewhere else, or is she sucked right into this gate? She is not delayed by her encounter so she can move, and movement comes before Arkham encounters which is when you go into gates.The way I read the rules, this gives her a chance to get the hell outta there. Right or wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right.

She has to deal with the monster in her movement phase, either evading it or fighting it. If she evades it, she's free to move away. If she's still there in the Arkham Encounter phase, she'll go through the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jaernecke
msg tools
Thank you! Good to know I did it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also you came across one of the few occasions where an investigator is dumped back to Arkham from OWs and doesn't get an Explored token. "Return to Arkham" is the key phrase to look for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

"Return to Arkham"....what a lovely phrase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

"Return to Arkham"....what a lovely phrase

Except when the gate you're returning to is infested with tough, hard to Evade monsters that you are then required to deal with before getting a chance at closing/sealing, as you immunity ended the previous turn gulp .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.