Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo Rossi
Italy
Carpi
Modena
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The prototype that I submitted stated 3-8 players but Selecta, to my big surprise, changed it to 2-4.

I asked for clarification and I got an interesting and educational answer; while I thought that the really interesting part lies in the agonizing decision if the animals will fit or not, Selecta thought that the key aspect was in the cooperative puzzle phase; during the internal tests with children they noticed that if more than 3 players were involved in the puzzle some of them were excluded with just 2 or 3 doing the work.

So they decided to lower the maximum number of players.

All this to say that if you don’t care to be involved in the puzzle, zoowaboo is the typical game where the more players, the better. Should be easy to create the missing Voting and Scoring tokens: you just need a piece of paper and a pen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! This is very helpful to know.

I stay away from four player games since it means someone in the family will have to sit out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much for the information.

I just received a copy and was surprised to notice that it said only up to 4 players. Based on the description of the game I expected 6 or 8. However, I guessed correctly why they might limit the number of players.

I agree, though, that with older kids (8+) and adults, the real fun is the "bidding" on whether the animals will fit.

I'm also curious, how many rafts were in the submitted prototype? I'm expecting to make some more of my own.

Thanks again for participating in the forum, and congrats on getting your nifty game published!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.