Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Blitzkrieg» Forums » General

Subject: Just a little comment - not a review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Look, this boxed set is unsurpassed with regard to quality, design, thought, colour choice etc. I have waited a long time and it is nearly worth it. Only 'nearly' because some of my counters are very badly aligned front and back. In particular some of the trucks and the domed French defences are hopelessly misaligned. The informational markers and the fire grids on the back side of the tanks also are out of synch.I feel pretty sad about this, especially as I am hopelessly shortsighted and didn't realise until after I'd cut them (I foolishly took the front side of the counter sheets as my sole guide.

I'm also outraged that the maps don't have chicken wire. I like chicken wire...

...alright, i admit it, I'm only pulling your legs on this one; the maps are stunning.

A little detail that really pleased me is that the vehicles are close to scale - no more armoured cars that look larger than tanks (I mean that SDKFZ 222 from several sets back).

Overall, I feel Pierre, Mark etc are to be congratulated on this set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the alignment is as bad as you say e-mail Mark at LnL and he'll take care of you. My counters were slightly off center, but within the accuracy of the die cutter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Appleton
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickp wrote:

...alright, i admit it, I'm only pulling your legs on this one; the maps are stunning.

Are the maps compatible with those in BoH/NOSB?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Re: Just a little comment on the quality of the counters - not a review
Yes they are, allowing for the fact the BoH maps have the dreaded chicken wire. All the roads align and the style is similar.

Looking again this morning I am really very disappointed about the bad cut on the backsides of many of the counters. In particular the French vehicles, the SWs and the barricades, foxholes etc are out of line with bits of the adjacent markers showing. The problem is not amenable to solving with the cutting knife unless I want to have seriously narrowed counters and, anyway, I would then lose some of the ok front sides - these misallignments fall within the pre-cut score on the counter sheets. Given that LnL is fairly derivative and relies on the quality of its components for its distinctiveness I feel pretty upset about this. I live in the UK so I don't know whether Mr Walker would contemplate replacing them. I also have cremoved the counters from their trees - as I said, I am very short-sighted and relied on the front of the counters for my guide as to whether things were ok. What the hell! The counetrs are a mess, I don't need to justify myself. Perhaps if you read this Mark, you might contemplate emailing me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickp wrote:
Perhaps if you read this Mark, you might contemplate emailing me?

If you want replacements e-mail him. There's no guarantee he's going to read this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Lewis
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nick,

If you have miscut counters or the game arrives from us damage, etc., you should contact (phone or email: orders@locknloadgame.com) us directly instead of posting here and hoping we read it. We'll take care of you once you do.

Best,

Jeff
LnLP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Thanks.Will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Brilliant! Have arranged with LnL for replacement counter sheet to be sent. That's service for you. Happy gaming, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nick P
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
Counters arrived today, little more than a week after contacting LnL. Very good service and thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.