Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought the Road to Legend expansion, and i usually play the overlord. Now im wondering what you guys keep for yourself from the quest specials, and what you tell to the heroes. For example, there are some quests where you have to stand on some encounters to open doors and to easier kill monsters. Do you tell the heroes exactly what they have to do?

I hope you understand my question.

/robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the RtL Rules, page 17:
Quote:
Finally, the overlord reads aloud the dungeon level description (found in the Quest Guide, next to the map), as well as the entire Dungeon Level card, including all "special" and "leader" text.

So, if you follow the rules you should read everything on the card to the heroes.

As a side note, the Road to Legend forums here are fairly active. You should place RtL questions over there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much. Must have missed that part.
Think this takes away some of the fun and suprises for the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stellmach
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rabski wrote:

If you've been playing the Overlord, you may not be the best judge.

"Fun" and "surprise" are not always the same thing. Surprises are not generally a good thing for the heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timstellmach wrote:
rabski wrote:

If you've been playing the Overlord, you may not be the best judge.

"Fun" and "surprise" are not always the same thing. Surprises are not generally a good thing for the heroes.

That´t true. It just seems to me that some of the quests become so easy for the heroes when they know excatly what to do. But this might be the case.
I am not so very experienced with the game. I play the overlord mostly but we havent played so many times.
And what i can say, the heroes almost win every time. But as i said, it might be the lack of experience from my side on what to do with my overlord deck and how to treat my monsters. And i have curse when it comes to rolling dice.

But i thank you all for your answers, it made some things much clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.