Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions that came up during play... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Viitala
msg tools
It was my first time to play arkham horror and i likes it alot but i have some newbiequestions so if anyone could get back to me that would be great! thanks!!!


1. If im blessed and get cursed do i just remove the blesscard or both
of them, 1 (bless) -1 (curse) = 0 (nothing) ?

2. If i START a game with ally Duke, and im filling up my
sanity/stamina, do i fill it ut to the scorecardnumber or
scorecardnumber+1 ?
I understand what to do if i get Duke during gameplay but if i start
a game with him?

3. How does Good work undone work? I should take 6 cluetokens and put
on the card (from the investigators cluetokenpiles or from the
gamepile?). And how do i spend cluetokens from the the card during
the AE phases?

4. If a gate opens and a monster is put into play, does it move the
same turn it entered play or does it start moving the turn after
(jetlag)?
Does the same monster get affected by the mythoscards ability
(the same card that spawned it), lets say: all monsters in locations
are returned to the cup.

5. Monsters that appear during an encounter become a monstertrophy when
killed?

6. Hound of Tindalos cant move to a player, so it doesnt move at all
that turn?

7. If i return from the OW and there is a monster at the gate i cant
fight him that turn? I know i dont have to but do i have a choice?

8. When items are discussed on cards, lets say Ithaquas card, they mean
common, unique and spells?

9. lets say my ancient is Ithaqua and he/it is sleeping. I have an
environmentcard (mystic) in play and dra a environmentcard (weather)
What happen? I discard the mystic card and then discard the
weathercard aswell after opening the gate, spawning monster and
place clue?

10. When im fighting ancient Ithaqua and 2 players(2 investigators) are
in the game and I attack and I do 1 dmg (needs 2 dmg for a doomtoken
to be removed) and my partner attacks and does 2 dmg. Do i remove a
doomtoken and Ithaqua has still 1 dmg to be added in attacks to
come?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vw_85 wrote:
1. If im blessed and get cursed do i just remove the blesscard or both
of them, 1 (bless) -1 (curse) = 0 (nothing) ?


If you have one and get the other, discard both.

Quote:
2. If i START a game with ally Duke, and im filling up my
sanity/stamina, do i fill it ut to the scorecardnumber or
scorecardnumber+1 ?
I understand what to do if i get Duke during gameplay but if i start
a game with him?


Yes.


Quote:
3. How does Good work undone work? I should take 6 cluetokens and put
on the card (from the investigators cluetokenpiles or from the
gamepile?). And how do i spend cluetokens from the the card during
the AE phases?


From unused Clue tokens. As for spending, you end an investigator's move at the street where the activity is taking place, then during the AE phase you can spend Clues on that investigator 1 for 1 to remove Clues from GWU. Of course, you can send multiple investigators there the same turn.

Side note: Gotta love it when Curfew Enforced is also in play devil .

Quote:
4. If a gate opens and a monster is put into play, does it move the
same turn it entered play or does it start moving the turn after
(jetlag)?
Does the same monster get affected by the mythoscards ability
(the same card that spawned it), lets say: all monsters in locations
are returned to the cup.


Yes and yes. Symbol-depending on the first of course and for the second if it's still there. Just follow the step of the Mythos phase on page 9.

Quote:
5. Monsters that appear during an encounter become a monstertrophy when
killed?


Yes

Quote:
6. Hound of Tindalos cant move to a player, so it doesnt move at all
that turn?


True.

Quote:
7. If i return from the OW and there is a monster at the gate i cant
fight him that turn? I know i dont have to but do i have a choice?


Rules seem to indicate a choice of fighting the monster. It's never been clarified, but many people do play it like that (including myself).

Quote:
8. When items are discussed on cards, lets say Ithaquas card, they mean
common, unique and spells?


Those, plus Paddy Wagon and Deputy's Revolver and Exhibit Items from CotDP.

Quote:
9. lets say my ancient is Ithaqua and he/it is sleeping. I have an
environmentcard (mystic) in play and dra a environmentcard (weather)
What happen? I discard the mystic card and then discard the
weathercard aswell after opening the gate, spawning monster and
place clue?


No. You do steps 1-3 (gate, clue, monster move), then discard the weather card, leaving the mystic still in play (very "nice" for "No One Can Help You Now" devil ). Discarding of a previous environment takes place during step 4 (activate mythos card text).

Quote:
10. When im fighting ancient Ithaqua and 2 players(2 investigators) are
in the game and I attack and I do 1 dmg (needs 2 dmg for a doomtoken
to be removed) and my partner attacks and does 2 dmg. Do i remove a
doomtoken and Ithaqua has still 1 dmg to be added in attacks to
come?


Against Ithaqua, 2 investigators means 2x 11 = 22 hits total needed. So yes, you'd remove 1 doom and 1 hit would carry over. FAQ clarifies the fuddy wording in the rules.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Viitala
msg tools
Im sorry if i was unclean on question 2.

during the pregame-phase when drawing cards and picking out items,money and so on that your character starts a game with, do i:

option1, i fill my sanity to the number on my scorecard with NO mod from Duke

option2, i fill my sanity to the number on my scorecard with the mod from Duke, = scorecard + 1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vw_85 wrote:
Im sorry if i was unclean on question 2.

during the pregame-phase when drawing cards and picking out items,money and so on that your character starts a game with, do i:

option1, i fill my sanity to the number on my scorecard with NO mod from Duke

option2, i fill my sanity to the number on my scorecard with the mod from Duke, = scorecard + 1


Ashcan Pete (printed max Sanity 4, Stamina 6), who starts with Duke starts with 5 Sanity, 6 Stamina (due to Duke). Similarly, if you have someone with a random ally during setup (Leo, Roland, Charlie from expansions I think) and they get Duke or William Brinton, you get the +1 max from the start.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Viitala
msg tools
I just wanna say thanks for the help

just one last thing before im going to play the game again

when you write:

"from unused Clue tokens. As for spending, you end an investigator's move at the street where the activity is taking place, then during the AE phase you can spend Clues on that investigator 1 for 1 to remove Clues from GWU. Of course, you can send multiple investigators there the same turn."

what do i do with the spent cluetoken? i remove one cluetoken from the card and put them back into the unused pile?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, back to the Clue bank. Of course, since the investigator spends Clues to remove them from GWU, 2 Clues get returned (1 from GWU and 1 from investigator).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Viitala
msg tools
Ooh now i get it!!!

thanks alot mate!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Once/if you add a flag, will it be the same one I have ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Viitala
msg tools
Well almost My mother comes from Finland and my dad is swedish. So im only half finnish, but its the best part if i may say so
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.