8 Posts

Zombies!!!» Forums » General

Subject: What expansion should i get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just got Zombies!!! a few weeks ago and love it. I want to expand the game to make it even better but i can't decide on which expansion to get. Any one wanna help me out? What do you think is the best expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Six Feet Under: The tiles are city block tiles and thematically and graphically mixable with the base game tiles and it adds sewer movement.

I have Zombies 3.5 also but I think I bought it after 6FU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say either:
- expansion 2 (Zombie Corps(e)). As it gives you another exit to pursue, plus most of the cards are useful even without the military station on the board.

or

- expansion 3.5 (Not Dead Yet). As you'll get lots of new cards, making it possible to customize the deck without the game getting repetitive.

I do not like expansion 3 (Mall Walkers). There are too many area specific cards, plus the development of the mall is not that exciting.
Expansion 4 (The End...), is really more a stand alone game than a worthwhile expansion.
Expansion 6 (Six Feet Under), I have not tried yet. But the sewer system and subways looks like they speed up movement. I believe it is a good expansion, but will need a few games under my belt before I can say for sure.
The rest of the expansion I have not seen, so can't comment on those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is the school expansion any good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
You should definitely get Zombies!!! 3.5: Not Dead Yet as all those new cards really improve the game. I also like Zombies!!! 6: Six Feet Under, and agree with the previous poster who mentioned that this set goes very well together with the basic one. The subway stations and sewer rules also improve the game IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it seems like kind of boring expansion because its only cards, Zombies 3.5 is easily the most bang for your buck. It makes the base game much more enjoyable since it becomes much easier to get your hands on a brutal weapon...plus the cards that screw over your opponents get really nasty.

I would recommend getting Zombies!!! 5 Schools Out Forever, because I highly enjoy the setting and "guts" rules make the game much better in my opinion.

I've heard good things about Zombies!!! 6 but I haven't gotten it yet. However the sewer rules seem to be fairly worthwhile.

Zombies!!! 4 is the blacksheep of the Zombies!!! line for me. I love the Evil Dead setting, but the event deck ruins most games. Its far too easy to move your opponent or switch places with somebody and I've found that the game drags needlessly.

Personally I would try to stick with the expansions that add subtle changes to the rules...go with 3.5, 5, 6 and 8. All of them add a little something extra. After that grab the ones that have the most interesting setting. Good luck.

~ Bones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Zombo
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
My personal opinion: get expansion 2: Zombie Corps(e) for the glow-in-the-dark zombies (aka Govt. Enhanced Zombies), expansion 3.5: Not Dead Yet! for the extra event cards (a lot of new ways to F*** people up!) and finally, expansion 5: School's Out Forever! (gut tokens allow you to play with more event cards; hence, more ways to F*** people up!). I throw everything in one pile and watch the carnage commence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.