Galaxy Trucker: The Big Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Evil Machination Card - Getting Even rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dork Angel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Summary - starting with last player, choose sum and column. Player in front of them pays the sum or takes a heavy cannon shot in the column.

This card came up in the middle of the last round of our last game, luckily just as I dropped into last place. The guy in front of me happened to be my main rival, and happened to have built his ship where a heavy cannon in the rear to row 8 would remove half his ship. :o)

This is where the queries started. In theory I could either just name a ridiculous amount he didn't have and take the shot effectively winning the game or name a ridiculous amount he did have and not take the shot effectively winning the game.

I know you should expect to have your ship frequently knocked into little pieces and The Big Expansion is designed to be particularly cruel, but usually there is a certain amount of chance involved. In the end after much debate we agreed on an amount of 10 credits which kept the game quite close, but it just seemed the card was too powerful. Any thoughts?

Incidentally the best bit was that it was his own Evil Machination card. :oD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djbcrawford wrote:
Any thoughts?

Next time he should build a sturdier ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
djbcrawford wrote:
Any thoughts?

Next time he should build a sturdier ship.

Especially if it was his own card. I understand building can be a harried affair, but use more pipes, for goodness sake!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.