Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this available at all anywhere or is out yet? Some people own it, so did it come out and go right out of print? zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question all of us want to know! Or is this like Fight Club and no one talks about how they got it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think it has been released yet... I just emailed them inquiring about it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
This is a question all of us want to know! Or is this like Fight Club and no one talks about how they got it?

Rules of Zombie in my Pocket:

#1 - The first rule of Zombie in my Pocket is, you do not talk about Zombie in my Pocket.

#2 - The second rule of Zombie in my Pocket is, you DO NOT talk about Zombie in my Pocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JovenShadowcaster wrote:
I "own" it because I built the Print & Play version available for download in the Files section. I wouldn't dream of paying retail for a game that's been available for free for as long as ZimP has been.
It's a different game. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Watson
United States
West Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would agree that most people who have this down as being owned have likely printed out the print n' play version. I had done so, and it used to be on my "Games Owned" list until my copy of Zombie in My Pocket (which was literally in my pocket) got washed with the laundry.

Great little game, though!

zombie

I'm sure the designer (Jerimiah) will pipe in soon to give us the 411. He's usually very active in the ZIMP forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, these are two different games. ZimP (solo PnP) is still available for free, and will be for as long as BGG is around. ZimP (1-8 Cambridge Games Factory) has an MSRP of something like $12, and it was and shall again be available both online and at FLGS.

There were roughly a dozen shipped to FunAgain.com, but those sold out in less than 24 hours. Why haven't there been more...well, that's a fine question.

I know that the publisher has had lots of changes in their company since they planned the release (months ago). I spoke to Ed, the head guy, over a month ago, and he told me games would be shipping out to retailers soon. What that means, I don't really know.

I'm looking forward to the release right along with you guys, and I hope to see it soon. I'll surely keep you informed as I hear anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And sending them emails has been pretty much a pointless exercise too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your pocket?

Diis

PS: Sorry, couldn't resist...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Rules of Zombie in my Pocket:

#1 - The first rule of Zombie in my Pocket is, you do not talk about Zombie in my Pocket.

#2 - The second rule of Zombie in my Pocket is, you DO NOT talk about Zombie in my Pocket.

And now for breaking the rules you will never get to have any zombies in your pocket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bran mcmillin
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poltergeist_2000 wrote:
Yeah, I would agree that most people who have this down as being owned have likely printed out the print n' play version.

There were some at fairplay.com, for as J said, about 24hrs, J also had a few that he sold back in Dec of 2008 from CGF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah unfortunately I never received my copy and it seems almost impossible to get one now. The print n play version is fun, but would've been interested to try the multiplayer rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
db-one wrote:
Yeah unfortunately I never received my copy and it seems almost impossible to get one now. The print n play version is fun, but would've been interested to try the multiplayer rules.
You ordered one from me, right? I don't think I have any of the actual production copies still around, but I know I have a near-production-prototype that I could send you, since you did pay (like, six nine? months ago), and you should get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
db-one wrote:
You ordered one from me, right? I don't think I have any of the actual production copies still around, but I know I have a near-production-prototype that I could send you, since you did pay (like, six nine? months ago), and you should get one.

Jeremiah, Any word yet on a release date? Thanks!

Gary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazyyog wrote:

Gary

Still nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Jeremiah_Lee wrote:
crazyyog wrote:

Gary

Still nothing.

That stinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news? Has the publisher bailed on every game in their catalogue? Seems like they would be able to sell quite a few of both this and Glory to Rome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been rumors of stirrings at CGF, but nothing that amounts to seeing games in stores yet, sorry to report.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just posted a significant status update to the Glory to Rome forum.

The highlights for this thread are:

1) Zombie in my Pocket only needs additional rulebooks printed so will be back on the market in a few weeks.

2) To prevent any further lack of communication, Ed and Rob have asked me to join CGF as Commercial Director.

Wakefield Carter
Commercial Director
Cambridge Games Factory
www.cambridgegames.com
YES! We’d love to see your game idea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking this on Wakefield, I really appreciate it, and I'm sure there are many others that do as well. Thank you, thank you.

Best of luck, and long live the dead.

(and I'll note that you should probably post something in the Zombie in my Pocket PnP forums as well)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.