Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stein
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once Conan makes it to his destination, does the Conan player continue to pick up Adventure Tokens if they are available? For example, say there is a 4 token adventure and Conan happens to start adjacent to his destination. The Conan player moves in, gets 1 token for the move, and a free token for completion. If there should happen to be no Court-Conan dice available to the other players, does the Conan player get yet another token when his turn comes around? The rules seem to say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kenstein wrote:
The rules seem to say yes.

They don't just seem to say yes, they explicitly say yes. See the box labeled The Conan Player Turn on page 10:

Quote:
If Conan is already occupying the province containing the destination marker, then the Conan player takes the adventure token if he does not move Conan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Poster above is right about Conan being in his destination.

Another thing: I thought you only got the free token if Conan was in his destination at the end of the turn in which the last regular token was taken/discarded, not before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Conster wrote:
Another thing: I thought you only got the free token if Conan was in his destination at the end of the turn in which the last regular token was taken/discarded, not before.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. The player controlling Conan takes one of the face up tokens each time he moves towards, or starts and remains in, his destination. In addition, if he is at the destination when the adventure ends, he gets an additional token, which remains face down and unknown to the other players.

edit: I just realized that a new player might take my original statement too literally. When I said "each time he moves", I was referring to moving Conan in the special phase for the player who controls him. When using a Court+Conan die, the player who controls Conan can move him, and place a raider token, but does not gain an adventure token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.