Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ornelles
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So my sons and I set up my old Boot Hill game for the OK Corral scenario adding the following characters who were in town, heard the gunfire, and rushed to aid their comrades:

Earp Faction Characters
At OK Corral:
Wyatt Earp
Virgol Earp
Morgan Earp
Doc Holliday

Earp Faction Characters
In town and come running:
Luke Short
Bat Masterson
Turkey Creek Johnson
Sherman McMasters
Buckskin Frank Leslie

Cowboy Faction Characters
At OK Corral:
Billy Claibourne
Billy Clanton
Tom & Frank McLaury
Ike Clanton

Cowboy Faction Characters
In town and come running:
Johnny Ringo
Curly Bill Brocious
Indian Charlie
Pete Spence
Frank Stillwell

Turn 1: OK Corral
The fight goes almost according to reality with Tom & Frank being gunned down, the two Billy's heavily wounded, and Ike untouched in the initial barrage of bullets. The only difference is Doc Holliday is killed outright.

The other characters are spread around town in small groups. They start moving to the sound of the fight at the OK Corral.

Turn 2: OK Corral
The two Billys fire and although wounded manage to hit Virgil several times nearly killing him. Wyatt and Morgan blast them both to hell for their efforts. Ike attempts to pick up Doc's dropped scattergun but Virgil strikes him with it. His morale fails and Ike surrenders.

Turn 3: Wyat and Morgan assist Virgil who is dying. Pete Spence and Frank Stillwell run out of the saloon and directly into Bat Masterson and Luke Short. Luke and Bat make quick work of them as they are no match for these two with their deadly speed and accuracy.

Turn 4: Curly Bill walks down the street and sees Luke Short and Bat leaning over his dead friends. Using surpise he unloads both barrels of a shotgun plastering Luke but doesn't kill him outright. Bat is surprised and out of position to return fire. He ducks behind a corner as Curly Bill walks down the boardwalk towards him. Meanwhil Johnny Ringo and Indian Charlie trade rifle shots across the street with Buckskin Frank Leslie, Sherman McMasters, and Turkey Creek Johnson. Due to cover neither side can hit each other.

Turn 5: Hearing the fire Wyatt and Morgan leave Virgil behind and race towards the action. They are several turns away. Curly Bill walks down the sidewalk towards the corner. Bat Masterson peaks around and pulls out his right arm around the corner squeezing off 3 shots. One hits Curly Bill for light damage. Curly drops the shotgun and draws his pistol. Depsite being covered by the corner of the building Bat's arm, hand, head and neck are exposed (the only areas available for a hit). With a miracle roll my son Houston manages to get a mortal head shot from Curly onto Bat killing Bat instantly. Luke, seeing this, crawls around the corner to engage Curly Bill.

Turn 6: Curly Bill now picks up the shot gun and loads it. Luke continues to crawl towards him sporting a belly wound he received earlier. Ringo and Cruz still keep the 3 boys pinned down across the street. Frank Leslie, McMasters, and Johnson build up their courage.

Turn 7: Curly Bill now walks right up to the crawling Luke Short and places the shotgun into his mouth pulling the trigger. Luke's head, chest, and left leg are all hit killing him. However, Wyatt and Morgan take long range pistol shots at Curly Bill and hit him twice for light wounds. Curly ducks into the doorway wounded.

Turn 8: Johnson, McMasters, and Leslie charge across the street to engage Ringo and Cruz. As they burst into the room Ringo guns down McMasters and wounds Leslie. Leslie hits Ringo in the groin killing him and Johnson wounds Cruz whose morale fails. Cruz surrenders.

Turn 9: Faces with Wyatt and Morgan approaching up the sidewalk and Leslie and & Johnson who will soon join them, Curly Bill decides to surrender as well.

The play of the game was the head shot to Bat Masterson. If Johnny Ringo was employed better using his pistols and two hand ability in a pistol fight I think the Cowboy faction may have faired better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed this write-up. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Danison
United States
Cape Canaveral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty good battle! I like they way you added in the extra characters to continue the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.