Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Rear Gondola (Aft Engine car) is scraped off during a crash landing, does the game end there?

or

If the lift becomes positive again when Section A static lift goes up 8 steps (4 tonnes) after loosing the gondola, can I keep going with the mission?

Also should I also include the weight of the crew/equipment lost in the control car which could be a possible additional 6 Steps (2 x crew / MG / 3 x Engine) for a Type R Zep. Or is this included in the original 4 tonnes lost?

Also If I lost the front Control Car (assuming no Emergency Control Cabin such as in the later model Airships), I figure I can continue as most tasks can still be done via the Keel or the Rear Gondola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Sebastopol (Ballarat)
Victoria
flag msg tools
That's Karl on the left. Eternity on the right.
badge
I love Melissa, but don't tell her. It's a secret if she can find this. Shhhhh....
mbmbmbmbmb
You still need to include the weight of crew/equipment lost.

Feel free to continue the simulation if you want (which is the only reason I can see in including the weight of the gondola). Have fun trying to manage her though! She may rip herself in half. I don't have the game in front of me, but do you also damage your cells when crashing?

I would think you need some sort of Control Cabin (original or emergency). But feel free to have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in my example above - after loosing the Rear Control car, if I include the weight of both the gondola and the crew / equipment inside it, the static lift for Section 'D' would rise by 14 steps!
wowwowwow If it wasn't positive lift before, it probably would be after that event...

During a crash landing, cells aren't damaged specifically but they will probably be affected for certain results on the crash landing table.

Determining a crash:
A)Forward Speed > 0 = 2d6 on cell hit distribution table (AA)
B)If Out of petrol / no engines = 2d6 on the crash table
C)If Inertia -2 or more = 2d6 on the crash table, +/- fifth of trim angle.
D)If Inertia is -5 or more, the Zeppelin explodes.

The weird thing for C & D is that your crew get a chance to bailout of the exploding Zeppelin at ground level, which doesn't require a parachute and are safe on 1-4 from a roll of 1d6.

If the inertia was -5 or more (falling at -250m), I think I'll make a house rule to roll twice to get 2 results as per C) above... AND D)Zeppelin explodes.

As far as needing a control car, I checked the crew tasks and found the rules allow just enough control to limp home if there is no contorl car.(rule ref in brackets):

Can perform these tasks without a Contorl car:
Change Elevator (E4): via RearGondola
Decentralized Turn (E5): via RearGondola
Maneuvering Valve Pull (E11): within Cell with Valve
Shutdown engine (E18): at engine location

Important tasks that need a Control Car or Emergency Control Cabin (Akron, Macon, Sperry)
Change Speed (D2)
Drop Ballast/Petrol (E6)
Bombing (E12)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wile wrote:

The weird thing for C & D is that your crew get a chance to bailout of the exploding Zeppelin at ground level, which doesn't require a parachute and are safe on 1-4 from a roll of 1d6.

i don't know if it's relevant, but only 1/3 of the crew and passengers on the exploding Hindenberg perished...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.