Subject: Vendetta and Green Card Question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
john jost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Hi,

I had two questions about the rules for Bang! with the expansions. So if the Vendetta card's out and a player draws a heart for his 2nd turn, can he play all the green cards he just laid out in front of him? I'm guessing so but I just wanted to make sure.

Also with defensive green cards like "Dodge" the rules clearly state you cannot play these until the start of your next turn. I'm not sure why it isn't until after the end of your current turn because I find there's lots of confusion remembering which green cards are active and which you're waiting for? I was thinking of using a system where you play a green card rotated away from you so you know it's inactive and at the beginning of your turn you rotate all green cards toward you so you now know they're available. Does anyone else have suggestions? Or do you think the rule should be that you can play those green cards after your turn is over? Again, I can't think of a reason why the developers would make it the way they did.

Thanks,
fellow Bang!er
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dunbar
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember what the Vendetta card is all about...but here's my understanding of green cards...

Green cards are treated just like cards in your hand...but because they're played in front of you, they don't count against your hand limit. So, your penalty for being able to "break" the hand limit rule is waiting an entire turn after the card is played before you can use it. My group plays green cards sideways and then rotates them 90 degrees at the start of their next turn. Oh..and the other bonus of green cards is that some of them are "Missed"-type cards, so people may be less likely to shoot at you if they know you have a miss card.

I hope that all makes sense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played the BANG! Dodge City expansion for the first time the other day I was confused about the green defensive cards, but came here and found other people with the same question had been told they would become active at the end of your turn, not the start of your next turn.

Hadn't previously heard anyone advocating they must be left inactive until the start of your next turn idea. Like someone said, I think the idea is it's like giving people warning of what cards are in your hand.

Perhaps the rules could have been clearer, but I think "active after your turn ends" works best for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definately not active until the start of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jostuh wrote:

Also with defensive green cards like "Dodge" the rules clearly state you cannot play these until the start of your next turn.

Ok, so I'm bored at work , and have looked up the Dodge City rules.
(Ewww am I a "rules lawyer" now? I feel all dirty!)
Intriguingly it says the opposite. I must have missed this before.
In particular see Example 1.

Dodge City Rules wrote:

Green-bordered cards

Some of the new cards have a green border. These cards are played in front of you, face up, like the blue-bordered cards. To use an effect, you must take the card from in front of you and discard it. However, you cannot use green bordered cards on the same turn in which you have played them.

Each green-bordered card shows the symbols which explain its effect(s).
Only the cards with a Missed! Symbol can be used out of turn.

Green-bordered cards can be removed through the play of a Cat Balou,
Panic!, Can Can, etc. just like the blue-bordered cards. Note that if you take a green card with cards like Panic! or Rag Time, you cannot use it on the same turn: in fact, you must take the card into your hand, then you have to play it in front of you, and wait until the next turn to use it.

Example 1: You play a Sombrero in front of you. Starting with
the next player’s turn, you can discard it for the effect.

Example 2: You play a Derringer in front of you.
During one of your following turns, provided you
still have the card in front of you, you can choose
to discard it to cause a on a player at a distance of 1, and also
draw a card from the deck.

http://www.davincigames.net/dodgecity/bang_dodge_city-rules....

Disclaimer: Each to their own, if you have fun playing Bang a different way,then I'm sure that's fine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john jost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
The Vendetta card is either a High Noon or Fistful of Cards expansion that when is active, each player at the end of his or her turn draws a card. If it's a heart, he gets another turn immediately! I guess if you follow the rules literally, you would get to play your green cards on your second turn that you laid out on your first.

Thanks for your response, it was very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the green cards can not be played until that players next turn. Everytime one of the players lay down a new green card, we had them tap it(like in Magic) until it was the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marvac wrote:
I believe that the green cards can not be played until that players next turn. Everytime one of the players lay down a new green card, we had them tap it(like in Magic) until it was the next turn.

Sure, if you want. But like I indicated above, the rules specifically say that they become active at the end of your current turn.

If you put out the Sombrero, and the next player takes a shot at you, you can already use that Sombrero to make it miss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul G.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once." -Robert Browning
badge
"Looks like I'm gonna have to jump!" -Strong Bad
mbmbmbmbmb
They must have changed the rules, because on my 2nd edition copy of Bang! the Bullet it says:

"Example 1. You play a Sombrero in front of you. Starting with your next turn, you can discard it for the Missed! effect."

The green cards can't be used until your next turn, according to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.