Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Anino
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I played this a few years ago, and we liked it, but we had questions then that I kept forgetting about. Until now.
Sorry, that was overly pompous.
Anyway, I was planning on possibly playing this at a party on Tuesday(Puesday I'm already doing something. Darn) and I wanted to try to clear this up if possible before hand.
So, in the Mezzanine Phase you can play chips on products that already have chips on them, but you have to pay $1 to each person who has a chip on there. This means if "Inflatable Flying Pants" has two green markers and one red marker you'd pay $2 to green and $1 to red to place a marker there. My question is what if you already have a marker on the item. Do you have to pay $1 to the bank? Do you get that marker for free? For instance if there's an invention that hasn't been rolling well and has 5 markers on it: 2 are Blue(your player character), 1 is Green and 1 is Red and one is white(Foreign Investor) would you pay $2 total to ensure that it payed off, or would you pay $4 total with $2 going to the bank? Any other player who wanted to place a chip there would ensure pay-off and get some money, but would pay $4 total so it seems a little unfair if you were to play that chip for free.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Edit to add Foreign Investor which I forgot the first time around. Also the rules seem to imply that you don't have to pay any money, but only imply. And in language that is tough for me to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dementomstie wrote:
So, in the Mezzanine Phase you can play chips on products that already have chips on them, but you have to pay $1 to each person who has a chip on there. This means if "Inflatable Flying Pants" has two green markers and one red marker you'd pay $2 to green and $1 to red to place a marker there. My question is what if you already have a marker on the item.

You don't have to pay yourself.

I have the version which came in the plastic bag instead of the box, and its mezzanine example is:
Quote:
For example, if you are Yellow, and Old Fashioned Clock already has chips from you and Red, as well as two chips from Green, you must pay $1 to Red, $1 to yourself (that's free), and $2 to Green when you add another chip to the pile.

Dementomstie wrote:
For instance if there's an invention that hasn't been rolling well and has 5 markers on it: 2 are Blue(your player character), 1 is Green and 1 is Red and one is white(Foreign Investor)

You would pay $1 to Green, $1 to Red, and $1 to White.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Anino
United States
Placerville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks, that clears it up perfectly. I wonder if I just keep skipping over the "that one's free" line in my copy of the instructions? It's entirely possible, I skim too much sometimes. Thank you very much, this will help me at my next bonfire night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.