Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played around 20 games of Intrigue alone, around 40 games of combined Dominion and Intrigue and many hundreds of base games, and we have developed a number of decks that always generate different results.

Today we had a great game with:
Swindler
Upgrade
Nobles
Gardens
Bridge
Courtyard
Pawn
Great Hall
Thief
Library

Do you have any favourite decks of cards that play well or offer different strategies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Duplantis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love games that have little to no way to cycle through your deck in one turn. I know that is very fun, but playing something different is great for a change.

Other than that, I am a pretty big fan of Upgrade and Bridge in the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cajuninms wrote:
I love games that have little to no way to cycle through your deck in one turn. I know that is very fun, but playing something different is great for a change.

I made a set for Dominion:Base that I titled "Play What You're Dealt," which was the 10 cards -- and there were exactly 10 cards that fit this description -- that provided no extra actions, buys, or card draws: Bureaucrat, Chapel, Feast, Gardens, Militia, Mine, Moneylender, Remodel, Throne Room and Workshop. It was grueling to those people who love grind decks, but provided an interesting challenge to everyone because it forced you to think about how each card would act on its own. I have yet to retool the set for Intrigue, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Payne
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
I made a set for Dominion:Base that I titled "Play What You're Dealt," which was the 10 cards -- and there were exactly 10 cards that fit this description -- that provided no extra actions, buys, or card draws: Bureaucrat, Chapel, Feast, Gardens, Militia, Mine, Moneylender, Remodel, Throne Room and Workshop. It was grueling to those people who love grind decks, but provided an interesting challenge to everyone because it forced you to think about how each card would act on its own. I have yet to retool the set for Intrigue, though.

Coppersmith, Duke, Harem all seem pretty good fits for that deck. I'm trying to remember what else would be allowable in that category. Luckily, the images are on BGG. Saboteur, Swindler, and possibly Secret Chamber, although those depend on your definitions. Myself, I would not include them.

Your original set looks like an obvious Gardens set to me, with the presence of both Bureaucrat and Workshop.

Edit: Listed the Duke twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Your original set looks like an obvious Gardens set to me, with the presence of both Bureaucrat and Workshop.

Chapel, 1 Militia, switching over to Remodel later, can be viable too.

Or just a pure Bureaucrat, Silver, Gold, Province Duchy deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Edwards
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
cajuninms wrote:

Other than that, I am a pretty big fan of Upgrade and Bridge in the same game.

Bridge will let you Upgrade a Copper into a (normally) 2-cost card. I can't think of how else this combo would be special without playing many Bridges in one turn (7, for example). Care to elaborate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel P

Alaska
msg tools
ryudoowaru wrote:
provided no extra actions, buys, or card draws: Bureaucrat, Chapel, Feast, Gardens, Militia, Mine, Moneylender, Remodel, Throne Room and Workshop.

I'm not sure Throne Room fits the spirit of the set...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.