Cash-a-Catch» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spoiled fish rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Huang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook I downloaded on the Rio Grande website (also the actual rulebook in the game box), it says "discard the highest valued fish"

From the files section of this forum, there is a "Revised English Rules, With Clarifications From the Designer". Which says "move the uppermost card of this fish type in his trash."

Which one is correct?
I've taught people the first version for a long time but now get confused. Was it a translation error of the English rulebook? or is it a revised rule?

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melissa says that the German rules translate as "If that is the case, each of the affected players must place the topmost card of the type in question (that might be a wild card) face-down in his rubbish bin."

I agree that the official English rules say different, specifying the highest value, not the top most card. But the illustration supports both meanings!

I think the German rule is better, since you are meant to apply new fish to your crates in whatever order you prefer, so it is better to put the worst fish on top.

By the way, often the publisher will alter the rules that the designer submitted with the game. So it's no surprise if the designer suggest the original rules or variants. But it looks like the English text doesn't match the German in this case anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Dietrich
Germany
Troisdorf
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hcy1 wrote:
... Which says "move the uppermost card of this fish type in his trash."

Which one is correct?

Officially said, this one is correct: The uppermost card (even a wild card) is moved to the trash.
Hope that helps and all the best from Germany
Bernd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.