Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help me obtain the Dampfross rules.

I am a (very) long term Railway Rivals player, so I know how to play the game. But the boxed set of Dampfross that I just bought was without the rules, so I do not know the specifics of the maps - special runs, starting points, that sort of thing. Unlike the printed maps, that information does not appear on the 'boards', so I assume it must have been in the rules. The board maps that I have are:

Germany / Western USA
France / Eastern USA
Austria / Northern Italy

I am aware that there is also

Switzerland / Southern Italy

but I do not (yet) have that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Home Terminals:
Eastern USA: All seaports of the east coast and the Gulf of Mexico
Western USA: Milwaukee, Chicago, Memphis, New Orleans
France: Paris (all players must leave Paris in different directions)
Germany: Berlin, Hamburg, München

Eastern USA
In the operating phase, a special transport is made after every 3rd regular transport. Destination is determined with the roll of 1d6:
1. Canada (Detroit, Buffalo, Albany, or the region between Lake Huron, Lake Erie, and Lake Ontario between Buffalo and Detroit).
2. Lake ports (Chicago, Cleveland or Buffalo)
3. Atlantic Coast sea ports (one of the cities from Boston to Miami)
4. Gulf sea ports (New Orleans, Mobile or Tampa)
5. Junction station to the Western USA (Chicago, Peoria, St. Louis, Memphis or New Orleans)
6. same as 5.

Western USA
In the operating phase, a special transport is made after every 3rd regular transport. Destination is determined with the roll of 1d6:
1. Pacific Coast sea port (Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego).
2. Canada (any hex across the Canadian Border)
3. Mexico (any hex across the Mexican Border)
4. Eastern port (Duluth, New Orleans or Huston)
5. Junction station to the Eastern USA (Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis or New Orleans)
6. same as 5.

France
Ferries: A player who connects to a ferry port (including Le Havre) may buy a ferry line to England. Each Ferry line costs 6 units. No player may hold more than two ferry lines that must depart from different ports.
In the operating phase the points necessary to use the ferry depend on the length of the trip, plus 2 points for loading/ unloading. For example, to go from Cherbourg to Southhampton you need 5+2 = 7 points.
Other players pay a fee of 3 units for using the ferry.

International Transports: In the operating phase, an international transport is made after every 3rd regular transport. Destination is determined with the roll of 1d6:
1. England
2. Germany
3. Switzerland
4. Italy
5. Spain
6. Overseas (one of the ports Marseille, Dünkirchen, Le Havre, Antwerps or Bordeaux)

Germany
Ferries: A player who connects to a ferry port (no connection bonus) may buy that ferry line to Gedser. That is, the ferry line is not constructed like a railway line but bought with units from the account. It is marked with the buyer's colour. Each Ferry line costs 6 units and may only be bought by one player. No player may hold both ferry lines.
In the operating phase 5 die roll points are necessary to use the ferry (3 for the trip, and 1 each for loading/ unloading).
Other players pay a fee of 3 units for using the ferry.

International Transports: In the operating phase, every other transport is an international transport. While usually the destination is rolled for with both dice, for international transports the destination is determined as follows:

Roll both dice. Use the points of the red die; the white die result is only taken as odd (U, "ungerade") or even (G, "gerade"). Putting the results together you get these destinations:

1G = Denmark
1U = Poland
2G = Czechoslovakia
2U = Austria
3G = Switzerland
3U = France
4G = Belgium or Luxemburg
4U = Netherlands
5G = Baltic Sea port (Rostock, Lübeck, Kiel)
5U = Major port (Bremen or Hamburg)
6G = Minor port (Emden, Wilhelmshaven, Bremerhaven or Brunsbüttelkoog)
6U = Any port

For international transports costs of the trip, fees and bonuses remain unchanged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Hi Richard,

Glad that helps, and may help some other people as well. There should be an easy record of this here at BGG, I think. I don't have any info or know anything on much other than the 2nd printing (color) of the white box, and also the Laurin/Mayfair edition. I typed the Laurin information in, then realized you wanted the older stuff - doh! After two games of Eurorails last weekend I got confused (that's my story at least).

I normally say "thanks!" in a private msg for any full geekgold, but this will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mb
Looking for it myself.

http://www.gamecabinet.com/rules/RailwayRivalsSchmidt.html

http://www.gamecabinet.com/rules/RailwayRivalsButehorn.html

For a couple editions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.