Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Zimmerman
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to know about any in depth civ building games that have lots of areas to focus on, such as culture, war, politics, religion, population, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization - you have to work to maintain levels of science, culture, military strength and the contentment of your civilian population while developing your farms and mines to support your culture's infrastructure. You have changes in government types, raids by neighboring nations, the occassional war and the discovery of new lands. Does that sound like it fits the bill for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Through the Ages, my current favourite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that through the ages is excellent I'm not sure Its what you are looking for since you said an in depth civ building game. This is actually a civ light game My son and I can finish a 2 player game in about 3 hours which is short for a civ game. I also find that you don't build that many different things. I never feel satisfied that I really built up a civilization. Other than those points its a great game. It over priced for the bits you get but its not overpriced for its value as a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Priest
United States
Inverness
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several geeklists that address this very issue. For instance:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/34356

I will also chime in in favor of Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization.

My favorite in this genre though, but perhaps not what you were thinking of, is Twilight Imperium (Third Edition).

Happy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
La Città

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.