Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Morgan
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own Games Workshop's Book, The General's Compendium.Its a set of rules on how to run a campaign in the world of Warhammer. My brother and I had the idea that this system would work really well for Battlelore and we gave it a try. The highlights of this system are:

Extremely simple campaign rules.

Custom map creation using irregular spaces. You can use your own map and draw your own section borders to fight over.

No force organization. Each army comes back full strength after each battle. While a bit silly for a 25mm game its perfect for Battlelore because you can use call to arms for each battle

Never more than two people fighting at once. twelve people can participate in the campaign and still meet the two player requirement for the game.

How it works in a nut shell:

Each player picks a starting section and gets one army. For every three sections the player owns (moving through it constitutes ownership) they get another army, when they lose sections and cannot fulfill the section requirements for the number of armies they have, they lose an army. only one army can be in any one space and only two armies can engage in battle per turn. The system uses written orders and simultaneous movement so it can feel very sneaky and leaves room for a bit of diplomacy. Easy Peasy.

We played a short campaign in two days (short because i lost four battles in a row to my brother!) and found the game to be a ton of fun.

Just thought i'd recommend grabbing up a copy of it in case anybody else out there was considering a campaign system for Battlelore and wasn't sure how to pull it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just printed off the Napoleonics campign rules and cards for use with Battlelore. The cards look superb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelein de Cratia
Spain
Guayota City
Nivaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.