• [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Hullett
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually a slightly above average price when compared to other online stores. Why is this a "Hot Deal?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hong
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep this isnt really a hot deal at all.
Google shopping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe something to do with base poster (jakal323) being only a 13 minute drive (Altamonte Springs FL to Orlando FL) from best dang games?

In any case, while not a hot deal, it's as mentioned in line with the discounters ($48.75 at B&B), and they do appear to offer free shipping with $100+ orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta say that Best Dang Games is starting to smell a bit gamey from all the shilling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
bestdanggames wrote:
Best Dang Games is not shilling.

That seems to directly contridict what you indicate below....

bestdanggames wrote:
You are correct in that Gary, Jakal323, is not far from my location. He is about a 30 minute drive, actually. Had you dug a little further than just his BGG user information and gone to our site, reviewed our blog, or searched his name on Google, you probably would have identified that he is directly related to Best Dang Games. He is my partner.You will see him in several of our videos (Descent, Axis & Allies, and several others).

He's your business partner yet his post does not identify himself as having any business relationship with bestdang, and posts in the "hot deals" forum... that doesn't sound like shilling to you?

bestdanggames wrote:
Now that that is clear, there is no shilling, since we know who he is.

Now we know... so we seem to be in agreement that is WAS shilling but not now that we know

bestdanggames wrote:
I have asked Gary to post these monthly specials we run on the site under his name. I am happy to post with my user, but every time I have, we seemed to get removed.

And you have not thought to ask the admins why? Or maybe occur to you that maybe it's inappropriate to self promote (directly or indirectly via a shil) in the "hot deals" forum if not other forums.

bestdanggames wrote:
So, all we are trying to do is notify the gaming community about what we are doing. If we are posting these promotions in the wrong place, that is a different discussion and I would appreciate someone letting us know where to do this (maybe in the retailers section?).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Advertising

This site may be free for users but it's Aldie's full time job (Derk's too now?) as well as paid employees I think Aldie now has?

bestdanggames wrote:
Regarding our price, B&B is essentially giving this game away at cost. I can tell you the MSRP on this game bundle is $75, listed on Rio Grande's site. So, maybe we can't offer the bundle at their price, and actually run a business - but that doesn't stop it from being a hot deal ON OUR SITE. By the way, if you were to sign up for our newsletter, we offer another 10% off the price - thus making it a pretty good deal.

Actually B&B is only giving a 35% discount on this item, less than their usual 38% discount on Rio Grande Games titles. Given wholesale last I knew was 50% of MSRP, that leaves them with 15% gross profit, on MSRP $75 that's $11.25.

Boards and Bits isn't even the lowest, and there are 5 USA retailers who have it listed for less than $50 not counting you nor several others listed at the google shopping link listed above. So $49.30 as I said above is not a hot deal... just in line with most others normal price.

bestdanggames wrote:
As someone noted, we are now offering free shipping over $100. So, if you couple that with the 10% discount, and the quality service you can research for yourself, we are a pretty good retailer - we run an honest business and try to be as transparent as possible so the community is comfortable with us. No tricks here. Just drop us a line and we are happy to chat with you.

Yea, I'm the one who mentioned your free ship option, same as Boulder Games at $100+, ThoughtHammer and Funagain at $150+, etc.

bestdanggames wrote:
In the end, if you like that retailer better, feel free to shop with them. Sometimes, though, it is not about price - it is about relationships and service provided. The price at B & B is really only about $1.00 off our discounted price, so we are not really even talking about a large price variance. If that dollar was important to you, and you wanted to shop with us (and you asked about it), I would probably be willing to price match that during our promotion.

Ah, the old "our service is better than everyone elses because we can't compete on price" Seriously though I'm sure you have good service, and have yoru supporters just like most if not all the online retailers have or they wouldn't stay in business.

Your price for this item may be in line with the other retailer on this item... but are your prices consistently in line with the other popular online stores? Obviously on the FRED and Mayfair titles you compete due to those publishers (vertical market) price fixing policy of 20% max discount.

Disclsimer: Just my personal opinions, I do not work for this site nor do I speak for them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.