Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2009, L5R released the first of a three part expansion, The Imperial Gift. This is a completely FREE expansion of 150 cards totally legal for tournament play in the new Celestial Edition format.

Imperial Gift II will release August 1 at participating game stores. This set features two fully playable 40/40 decks, designed around teaching the new player Legend of the Five Rings. Featuring all nine Clans as well as unaligned characters, the Imperial Gift II gets you right into the world of the Emerald Empire.

For more information, visit the Imperial Gift page at L5R.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I get my local game store to be a "participating" game store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are not on the Stronghold Store list (found via the above link to the IG page), then just ask them to contact AEG at customerservice@alderac.com and we'll get them set up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mb
Contacted my shop. Hopefully he will get setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if they can, call the office direct at 1-909-390-5444. Mon-Thurs, 9am-12pm or 2pm-4pm. Pacific Standard Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What happened to the Art of War?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Still in development limbo unfortunately. Hope to have some info soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Burcar
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If all of my local stores are Stronghold Level 0 will they still be able to get the Imperial Gift 2? You'd think living in Los Angeles I'd have an easier time finding a store that actively supports L5R than I have. My newly formed L5R group would love to get our hands on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is automatically sent to those stores level 1 or higher, if your store is a 0, please have them call and/or email to request it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mb
AEGTodd wrote:
It is automatically sent to those stores level 1 or higher, if your store is a 0, please have them call and/or email to request it.

Thanks!

And if your FLGS can't get it, is there any other option? And is there a way to get Imperial Gift I still? I am not seeing it on the online store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish I didn't have to go 70+ miles to get to my Stronghold Store. Alas, my local game store has told me they aren't interested. Hopefully I'll be able to get Imperial Gift II when I go visit family in the winter or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome promotion! I'll check for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
I never have understood a game store refusing free promotional material that customers want, but hey, it's happened before.

Anyway, it will likely end up on the online store soon, however we do want the retailers who support us to have the first glory at giving it out. Just a thank you to them. Once it is on the store it will be free though there will be a nominal shipping charge. That's the main reason why we try to do the majority of it through the store when we can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mb
I am thankful for the store I have. Great place, great owner. Sadly, no L5R players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hey Todd,

Do you know if there's any way to get IG1 anymore? I'm certain no stores around here have any left, and I just jumped back in to the game... Thanks.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mb
If anyone is thinking of checking out L5r - I highly recommend grabbing a set of IG2. A nice introduction / sealed pack that should cover all the basics of the game, and make you more aaware of the deeper strategies in L5R.

I was lucky enough to playtest the set - and I think it's really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Landstander wrote:
Hey Todd,

Do you know if there's any way to get IG1 anymore? I'm certain no stores around here have any left, and I just jumped back in to the game... Thanks.

Scott

Our quantities have gotten low on IG1, and since we don't have another print run coming up for a few months we've pulled it off our online store and now simply do it on a per request basis. Send an email to customerservice@alderac.com and explain your situation to them, they'll get to it next week!

Since these big sets of promos are being given free, we have to piggy-back them on normal print runs to make it affordable, otherwise we'd just print more up right now. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.