Popular Tags: [View All]
Boon Kuan Woo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

The rules say that the other players must play a card that follow the lead suit (the first card played by the start player) if possible, if not then a red card or other color card can be played.

Question is how to ensure this is the case?

For example, say Player A as lead player plays a Red 1, then player B who has no blue token but he has red cards, instead he plays a Blue 7 just to get rid of this card to avoid taking the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing you can do to actively prevent this, it's just common courtesy to play correctly with the cards you have. You may notice this has happened as the hand plays out (I've seen this when the misplay was accidental), but other than that you're just going to have to trust people.

If you can't find people you trust not to cheat in this way, then I'd suggest playing something with more open information than a card game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
You can't. You either make sure that everyone knows the rules, and doesn't cheat, and if you think that someone has made a mistake, then re-deal the hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hinsdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A requirement to follow suit is part of many trick-taking games. If someone can't do so, the other players will usually remember since it will form an important part of their strategy.

In your example, eventually player B's red cards will have to emerge and the other players should be quite startled to see them. Probably startled enough to replay the entire hand, at a minimum ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
ymir wrote:
Hi

The rules say that the other players must play a card that follow the lead suit (the first card played by the start player) if possible, if not then a red card or other color card can be played.

Question is how to ensure this is the case?

For example, say Player A as lead player plays a Red 1, then player B who has no blue token but he has red cards, instead he plays a Blue 7 just to get rid of this card to avoid taking the trick.

Trust is involved in all trick taking card games, though it's easy enough to catch someone on that. In the previous example, when player B plays a red card, say "Hey, jerk! you threw off on the first trick!!" etc. Players would never get away with that in my group, we count the cards pretty thoroughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.