Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Cross
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids (almost 3 and almost 6) love "I Spy" books so I bought this game on a whim.

Incidentally, I find it very hard to figure out what any Gamewright game is going to be like by reading the box. I know this is a problem for Euros too and that is one of the best things about BGG but I'd really like it if simple games like this had some better descriptive text for those people who don't have iPhones to allow them to instantly check the internet for that information. So help us out Gamewright, will ya?

OK now to the game. You can read the rules online but there are two versions, a kids version and an advanced version. I have not played the advanced version but I have played the kids version quite a bit.

Both my older and younger child love this game. All you have to do is take your set of "keep me" cards which are covered in "I Spy"-like items (sorry I don't recall how many per card right now), take turns flipping over "find me" cards and set aside or turn over those keep me cards which match the current find me card. The first person to turn all of their keep me cards wins.

That's it. It's really not even a game but you know what? I never mind playing it and neither do the kids. It's actually quite strange. I attribute this largely to the presentation and its similarity to I Spy's visual style. The art work makes me not really think of it as a game and therefore I do not scrutinize it for whether there is any game there or not. If you look at some of my other kids game reviews I have done exactly that.

Anyway if you have young children and are looking for a game that your whole family can play together this is great. Even the youngest child will require no assistance if they can find a picture in a set of other pictures they can play this game and it makes them feel great.

My older son likes it too because it comes completely naturally to him and he doesn't have to work to assimilate rules. He plays games like Carcassonne, Can't Stop, and Rat a-tat Cat without issue but they require a higher effort level and this game requires none.

When the kids win it is highly satisfying to them. We always play until everyone finishes their set. It only takes a minute to finish everyone.

I highly recommend this. Don't expect to have lots of thoughtful decisions (the advanced game has exactly one) but it's a fun way to enjoy 5-10 minutes with your kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.