Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I returned home from work last week to discover that part of the yellow fleet from my coveted Twilight Imperium 3rd edition had been decimated in the maws of my canine terrors. I had lost not one, but TWO War Suns, a cruiser, a transport, and a dreadnought, and there was no sign of one of the PDS units. Horrific thoughts of having to scour eBay or BGG for parts ran through my head. I soon realized that maybe writing to Fantasy Flight for advice might be the best course.

A week later, I just opened the mailbox to find yellow replacement ships for my fleet, all free of charge! Thanks Fantasy Flight, and thanks Thaadd! thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richard
United States
Avon
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, someone should print and compile all of the "Thaadd rocks!" threads and make a nice scrapbook for her to read to cheer her up when she's having a sad day. It would be a very thick book!

Because, she does indeed rock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hagen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
age agree eek egg erg gag gage game gamer gee geek gem germ keg kegger mag mage meek mega merge reek rem
mb
Agreed. Last week I requested replacement civilian ships for my copy of BSG. My old ones tore a bit when getting punched out, and were clearly marked. (For those who don't play BSG, it's very important that players not know which civilian ships contain which resources unless they are specifically allowed to look at the ships.)

Made the request Monday night, got a response Tuesday morning, new ships arrived in Friday's mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For any criticism I might throw FFG's way, it is drowned out by there great customer service. I agree they are one of the best. Congrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to agree with everyone. FFG customer service is GREAT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philomars wrote:
Horrific thoughts of having to scour eBay or BGG for parts ran through my head.

or the yard....

Phil

Yeah, no doubt! I'm still on the lookout for that missing PDS...surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has replaced missing and broken components for me a couple times now. Nice guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morgenegg
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hands down the est customer srvice of any game company have ever dealt with. They shipped a new game when I biought one that was just not a ft for my gaming group. AWESOME! long live Fantasy Flight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Jones
United States
Warrior
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I sent off for the replacement tech card that was printed with an error on in from the Shattered Empires Expansion. It came in the mail in just a few days. Fantasy Flight is by far my favorite game publisher. Microsoft and Sony could learn a valuable lesson here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Greenvoss
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'll just append to the chorus - FFG indeed rocks, and their excellent customer service really helps them retain customers. Recently I spilled some water on several Cylon loyalty cards from BSG - and even when they dried they were very obviously marked from the others. As you can imagine - this basically would ruin the game. A quick phone call and email to Thaad and I now have a complete replacement loyalty deck.

Thanks FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Coetzer
South Africa
Durban
KwaZulu-Natal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree 100%, a few years ago when I got my copy of War of the Ring (First Edition), I found that there were a few dice missing. Two email's and Two weeks later I discovered the dice in my mail box.

Thanks FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no questions that Fantasy Flight Games has the best and most consistent excellence in customer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Weitz
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No one in Iowa City plays wargames?
badge
Yes, I like helmets...
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on! Fantasy Flight has always done a great job with customer service. Them and GMT definitely do it right.

Good Gaming~! Mick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Royal
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joshp wrote:
FFG has replaced missing and broken components for me a couple times now. Nice guys!

As with me, thank you Thaadd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, FFG customer service is very good and Thaadd is great. I had a problem with some of the cards I got with Innsmouth Horror and a new set was soon delivered when I mentioined this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately Thaadd has recently left FFG. Those are big shoes to fill.

5 Years! (Last day at FFG!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pincao wrote:
Unfortunately Thaadd has recently left FFG. Those are big shoes to fill.

5 Years! (Last day at FFG!)

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, Paul! That's sad news - she is the absolute best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kolman
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Last Thursday (or Friday. I can't remember), I used FFG User Support Form to enter a complaint that I had about their sleeves. I bought 10 packs of the Standard Playing Card sleeves (Gray) about ten days ago, and when I started placing my cards into them the other day, about 4 of those packs had sleeves cut to a different length. I didn't ask for anything but only to let them know that I wanted them to check their quality control. I have yet to hear anything back from them. So far, I am not impressed with their service. If they would have sent me a message stating that they are swamped and it might take a while to get back, or that they even received the message, I would have no problem, but for them to not even acknowledge my complaint, then I have issues.

Months ago, I messaged GMT concerning a small problem with their counters, and I heard back the next day and they even asked if I wanted a new set of counters. I said no, and that a small dab of glue would fix this issue, but that is what I consider exemplary service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kolman
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
STILL...haven't heard a single word from FFG.

So far, my first attempt at contacting their customer support has left me with a real shitty feeling concerning this company.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... any word since? In Thaadd's absence, they may just be overwhelmed.

Anyone stepping into that position has got to be an excellent detail person... and if others are filling in in the meantime, it just may not be their strength. Plus, they may have other work to do as well, and I'd guess it's easily a full time job itself!

At this point, in the last week I filed a request to replace some warped boards, and Shaun responded and offered to take care of it. I imagine replacements will be sent shortly. E-mail turnaround is about 1-2 days on the average, so perhaps things are getting caught up now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Carrick
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoC1909 wrote:
STILL...haven't heard a single word from FFG.

So far, my first attempt at contacting their customer support has left me with a real shitty feeling concerning this company.

I would re-email them, just to inquire if they had gotten the first one. In my experience, it never takes this long, unless there was a glitch somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.