Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Norder
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
philomars wrote:
The only question I have is whether you must kill all the martians on the mothership tile like in zombies or not. It's not mentioned, but if not, it seems sort of anti-climactic to just run over kill 2 and "that's it I win".

In Zombies!!! you don't have to kill all the zombies on the helipad tile. You could very well only kill two zombies there and win, if you do it in one round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you missed the point with the mothership instructions, or else I did. You fill every space on the tile once the mothership is revealed, and continue to refill it as long as there are spaces. In other words, once the mothership arrives, it's endgame - they start coming faster and are ready to defend the objective. It actually makes for a pretty tense last few moves, as if you reveal it late you're racing the clock to get there through the martian hordes before they run out (co-op mode).

Maybe you're right and I'm wrong, but that's how I read it and played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Royal
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hob69 wrote:
I think you missed the point with the mothership instructions, or else I did. You fill every space on the tile once the mothership is revealed, and continue to refill it as long as there are spaces. In other words, once the mothership arrives, it's endgame - they start coming faster and are ready to defend the objective. It actually makes for a pretty tense last few moves, as if you reveal it late you're racing the clock to get there through the martian hordes before they run out (co-op mode).

Maybe you're right and I'm wrong, but that's how I read it and played it.

We initially read it this way. We agreed that it made the game more tense. There is another thread around here in which Todd, the creator, says that it works the less climactic way. I'll stick to your way, more fun IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.