A label maker is...
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
awesome, my games will be highly organized
14.8% 4
awesome, my household will be highly organized
14.8% 4
cool, but I don't know what I would use it for
40.7% 11
anal, why would anyone label everything?
7.4% 2
stupid, a waste of money and I would never use one
7.4% 2
something I have and love
7.4% 2
something I have and never use
3.7% 1
something I've never even considered
22.2% 6
wait, what?
18.5% 5
Voters 27
This poll is now closed.   27 answers
Poll created by Prismcat
Closes: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We use label makers in the lab at work. That's the only way to be able to find anything or to know where anything goes. There's just too many people.

But to use it at home for things you use often, I just don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

The only things I make a point of labeling are the DC power adapters for electrical devices. 9 out of 10 are non identifiable by looking at them and there is nothing worse than not being to work out which works with what electrical device.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One reason I thought a labelmaker for gaming would be nice because I obsessively put all game bits into baggies and try to use the best size baggie dependent upon the amount of pieces going into it (so you can't put the stack of cards in the baggie that's only big enough for the scoring tokens). I take multiple games with me to our local group meeting and others sometimes play my games without me. Most of the time they do their best to get the stuff back the way they found it, but sometimes they don't and I thought it might be easier for them if I just labelled the baggies, ie cards go in here, cars in here, etc. But, I also realize this may make them think I am really anal and be afraid to touch my games, lol. What to do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Prismcat wrote:
One reason I thought a labelmaker for gaming would be nice because I obsessively put all game bits into baggies and try to use the best size baggie dependent upon the amount of pieces going into it (so you can't put the stack of cards in the baggie that's only big enough for the scoring tokens). I take multiple games with me to our local group meeting and others sometimes play my games without me. Most of the time they do their best to get the stuff back the way they found it, but sometimes they don't and I thought it might be easier for them if I just labelled the baggies, ie cards go in here, cars in here, etc. But, I also realize this may make them think I am really anal and be afraid to touch my games, lol. What to do?

You could just write on the bag with a permanent Sharpie. That's what I do for my games that have eleventy-billion pieces, all in their own specific baggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christychan
United States
Somerville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Prismcat wrote:

You could just write on the bag with a permanent Sharpie. That's what I do for my games that have eleventy-billion pieces, all in their own specific baggies.

So, you're advocating the use of an archaic writing utensil as opposed to a beeping blingy thingy that will spit my labels out in neat precision?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I'm just saying there's a simpler, less expensive way to handle this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
I'm just saying there's a simpler, less expensive way to handle this issue.

Trust the man, he knows all about pens writing utensils....

edit: added link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.