Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think.
Would the maps/ships be to small when printed as an Artscow Deck of 6cmx9cm to be actually useable?
Thanks
F

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they would be much to small. The cards are the space on which the game is played. It would be like reducing a Risk board to a forth of it's original size.

However, if you reduce the size of the counters to that small as well, it could be possible, but I doubt the counters could be realistically cut out and used at such as small scale. If they were somehow recognizable, you'd likely have to use tweezers in order to move each unit.. Which I wouldn't recommend either..

Interestingly enough, I am (on a VERY side burner) working on a card game version of System Vector, which will require only cards. That is a long way down the road though. It's a much lighter and faster version and will take close to nothing to get it off the ground. If that is something you'd be interested in, let me know.

Anyway, to further answer your question, the game was designed to be played on Photo cards. You can go to your local walmart or other photo centers and print out all of the components needed to play. It would probably be cheaper than ArtsCow as well..

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
1- 2- 3- 4!- A- A- 5!
badge
110% Rally
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole go to a photo kiosk and print them out works very well.
The price here was 29c per print - thats AU$10.44.
If I had gone online and been willing to wait 10 days I could have got them for 12c a print - AU$4.32!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolja Geldmacher
Germany
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i own a photo-shop A real one
But i wanted the game to be even more portable and maybe playable on a flight. And yes of course i am interessted in your card version Faydeshift!!
Flashhawk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oddly enough the whole game started as a Postcard game like Postcard from the Revolution or the like. Turned into it's own animal... I may do a Postcard version as well though... That would be pretty easy to put out too. I'll see what I can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.