Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I've grown to expect from Boards & Bits, they have again delivered fantastic customer service. My favorite place to order from used to be Thought Hammer until they effectively raised prices (instead of offering 35% discount on most stuff they've dropped to 30%, 25%, or less)
Now though, its Boards & Bits.
Half priced FLAT (and fast) shipping for orders over $100 (that means $4.25 for me and I think up to around $6 for orders on east coast) means shipping is a very low amount. And usually we can find enough items wanted by people in the game group to get over $100. They also have a pretty good selection of most games our group tends to want to order.

The most recent order was a $300+ order that included 4 copies of Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium, Pandemic: On the Brink, and Tales of the Arabian Nights as preorders, plus a bunch more.

When RvI came out, I asked if they could split the order in two and we'd pay a 2nd shipping charge so we could get RvI. I offered to split some other items that had come in stock so both orders would be over $100. B&B not only shipped all in stock items and still only charged the half price fee ($4.25 for me) but also shipped RvI so fast (on a Friday) that I received it before our groups next game night (Tuesday).

Plus along the way, we had several order changes that they quickly accomodated (such as adds and changes). Note that they do charge a nominal 50 cent order change fee if they have to charge for a differance, which is reasonable because this covers the extra credit card charges they incur.

And finally, when Tales of Arabian Nights arrived in stock today, they allowed us to split and ship that and convert the remaining not arrived title (pandemic expansion) into a gift card (at our request) so we can do another order later when that arrives.

And every time I email B&B for something, if its a business day I get a response very quickly, usually in minutes, sometimes in a couple hours.

Anyway, I just wanted to sound off about very impressive customer service from Boards and Bits that I don't see much of in my normal field of computers and computer tech support.

Oh another thing, the games were all well packed in styrafoam pellets in a nice big box (I've heard bad stories from people I know about shipping from some other companies).

I've ordered a number of times from Boards & Bits and been more than satisfied each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wood
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, Tom's a bum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree that Boards & Bits customer service is great!

I placed an order for some items that they were going to have to order this morning and I was not near the $100 for 1/2 price shipping. As the day went on they got in more products that I was wanting and I was able to add the extra items to my existing order to get the 1/2 price shipping saving me $5.75.

As was stated their email response was very prompt and the prices are good.

thumbsup thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kvn299 wrote:
Nah, Tom's a bum.

RULES VIOLATION!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Tom, when are you going to get that "My Inventory" feature going?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
kvn299 wrote:
Nah, Tom's a bum.

RULES VIOLATION!

Whoa, slow down, I think it was some hip slang for Tom's a BOMB. It's a compliment...I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:

Will, MyInventory has been has the top of my list for some time, but time has been scarce.

We have a few other priorities at the moment, but it's still one of our top priorities.

While we are waiting, we've been doing our best to handle everyone's ever-changing orders and pre-order requests.

Believe me we *all* want MyInventory to be done

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:
Yargo wrote:

Will, MyInventory has been has the top of my list for some time, but time has been scarce.

We have a few other priorities at the moment, but it's still one of our top priorities.

While we are waiting, we've been doing our best to handle everyone's ever-changing orders and pre-order requests.

Believe me we *all* want MyInventory to be done

Tom

I think it would add an exclusive customer support element (I'm not aware of any other board gaming site offering something similar) that would attract people. As well as tremendously reducing your workload

I had around 6 game order change request for this, and if I could have done that all instantly online, that would have been so cool (of course its impressive at how fast and satisfactorily you changed the order to my requests manually )

Of course, I'm pretty sure you already thought about that and that these are a couple reasons you want to do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love 'em. I've ordered several times. I've only had one problem. It was absolutely my fault - I attempted to add one of the "free shipping" games to an order to make the entire order ship free. I called the next day and they fixed everything - got it into one order and waived the shipping. Otherwise, yup, $6 to the east coast. Orders are always well packed, shipping is prompt. What more can you ask for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:

Whoops! That was me. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:

Whoops! That was me. Sorry.

No problem, Eric. I've passed your name on to another fine retailer. Sorry we can't help you anymore.

Tom

(PS. OK, we'll give you one more try...but I swear, if it's anything like last time...! shake )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Foster
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! After placing four orders with Boards&Bits I am a very happy customer. We all know how important superior customer service is, and B&B sets the bar very high for online game stores. When I deal with Tom and Ben, I always feel that they are looking out for me, that they value my business.

There are lots of other options for buying games. I live within 15 minutes of four FLGS as well as one online store, but I choose Boards&Bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to say I've had really good experiences with B&B too. And I'm one of those with the ever changing orders! The last one was quite a job to keep organized and B&B went out of their way to help me get it all sorted out. Awesome customer service. thumbsup

Wish my local game store had service like that. The few times I had them order me something they either never got it or put it on the shelf and never called me! Doh!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Wish my local game store had service like that. The few times I had them order me something they either never got it or put it on the shelf and never called me! Doh!!

Doh! indeed. IMHO FLGS need to have better customer service than internet, to justify the prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Moffett
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After extensive research I decided on B&B for my latest order. I would normally use Amazon for almost everything I buy (due to free shipping) but even without the free shipping it was cheaper to go with B&B, not only that but all of this positive word of mouth encouraged me further, retailers seem to have forgotten that making the customer happy results in the customer telling people and bringing in more customers. I'll be getting all of my games through them from now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReinhartTR wrote:
After extensive research I decided on B&B for my latest order. I would normally use Amazon for almost everything I buy (due to free shipping) but even without the free shipping it was cheaper to go with B&B, not only that but all of this positive word of mouth encouraged me further, retailers seem to have forgotten that making the customer happy results in the customer telling people and bringing in more customers. I'll be getting all of my games through them from now on.

Yeah amazon is a favorite of mine as well for a number of things. My experiance is that normally online game sites have it for cheaper than amazon aside from some exceptions (like the big sale price of battlestar galactica board game before release)

However, with Boards & Bits only charging something like $4-$6 for half price shipping if you get over $100 and thier very low prices, it usually ends up cheaper than amazon. Oh and also, they tend to ship faster than amazon's free shipping (unless you have the $80 a year Amazon Prime)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.