Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Assuming a player recovered, i.e. played, an artifact card and I then play "Get there first", what happens? Is the artifact placed in my hand or on the table as though I had played the artifact myself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that Get There First says "as though you collected it yourself" and playing an artifact represents the action of retrieving it from history, I would say that it's played in front of you, rather than going into your hand.

That's how I've always played the game, at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tidwell
United States
Durango
COLORADO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed in front of you, not to your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Yep, in front of you.

But I should like to add this: nice to see someone asking a question about this super cg. I find it sooo engrossing, great fun.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!
I am enjoying Chrononauts quite a bit- it just has a few too many "Take this!" cards in it for my taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tidwell
United States
Durango
COLORADO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've seen it described as a more structured Fluxx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross_ wrote:
Thanks for the clarification!
I am enjoying Chrononauts quite a bit- it just has a few too many "Take this!" cards in it for my taste.

Much agreed, but the core is a great game. We nerfed the cards that change missions or IDs so that you can only play them on yourself. If you feel you are stuck, it gives you a potential out (but random). We also remove the cards that pass or reshuffle hands. I hate anything that completely undoes everything you may have been working toward. I like that there are three ways to win. But if I am going to focus on one, I don't want the rug completely yanked out from under me. That is especially true when going for 10 cards. It is risky to patch events that you don't need. I should not be at further risk of losing my reward for doing so. With those card tempered or removed, there is still plenty of chance, but you feel like you can actually work toward achieving something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.