Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Corzo
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get the idea that companies have these games that people are willing to spend $100 in the secondary market and it obviously has a following yet refuse to reprint the game, why?

Aren't businesses supposed to take advantage of the market and sell us their wares? There's definitely a demand for this game so why the hell don't they make more?

Somebody explain why a popular game like this stays out of print for so long, I don't get it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Is Board
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it as popular as you say it is? How many copies would they have to print, at what cost, and how many do they need to sell to cover their expenses?

Consider, also, that the people who spend $100 to get it want it and aren't afraid of the cost; that doesn't mean that people will spend $20 or whatever to pick it up, it just means that since it's hard to find, people will spend more on it.

Lots to consider besides "it's popular" and even then hard to quantify the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Harmon
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People are paying $100 for this? Seriously? I guess it is time to put mine up for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really fun game. I've had mine since it came out and it has never failed to please new players. There are some minor confusions in the rules, but no matter how we have interpreted them, its been a blast. Plus, the art is great! I'd love to see a new edition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Page
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mb
Blustar wrote:

Somebody explain why a popular game like this stays out of print for so long, I don't get it...

Chessex? Go look for sympathy over in the Wiz-War forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a good question though, although there are a ton of games that, if remade, could make a ton of money.

Obviously Wiz-War, as someone mentioned.

What about Steve Jackson's OGRE series?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Blustar wrote:

Shane explained it rather well up top. It's a supply and demand thing, people are craving it because it's rare, but a publisher will have to look at how to profit from publishing the game.

By the way, you could win a copy at the end of April for as little as 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.