4 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Manor defended succesfully! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny de Kooter
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Alright I just got this game a week ago, and I am really excited about it! I live in the Netherlands, it actually took me 4 weeks to track this game down! But alright I've gotten a few plays in and yesterday I invited 2 of my friends who hadnt played it, for some zombie-apocalypse. First we played a basic game to teach them the rules. And then we all decided manor house was next!

Zombieking!
Ok mostly I play the zombies, cause I like the feeling of puny humans trying to team up against me. So when we started the manorhouse, I warned them that the odds were very much against them. They started by searching like maniacs! Really they searched for like 4-5 turns till 7 of my zombies were inside the manorhouse! I felt an extremely easy win comming Then at the last possible moment they started luring my zombies away, and mostly shooting a few of them. Their drifter managed to put 2! gas cans inside the manor wich really made my zombies uncomfortable inside. They made 1 explode and it took just 3 zombies with it, not too bad. After this I really didnt like the house anymore so I started going after the heroes with firearms: making sure they couldnt lit the other gascan. While I was busy on this goose-chase Johny had found himself a cleaver and a baseballbat and they let him loose running cirkels around the manor slaughtering zombies on the go! I kept holding on to a pair of shambling cards hoping I would be able to surprise them with a sudden rush of zombies into the manor. But they just became really good at luring my zombies away and actually killing them. They also had an incredible amount of event cards because they really took their time searching for goodies in the beginning and also halfway the turns. I only managed to kill 1 hero I somehow felt cheated!

Afterthought

We all had a blast playing the game, and I can't wait for a rematch. This game really tests your patience: As a zombieplayer you need to get an army together and as a hero you need to search for alot of good items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Aaaaaaaah Zombie fan, now you know humans are not that dumb laugh

Bet you will take your revenge the next time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like the Game

In fact I find it very hard for the Zombies to win, if the humans are good at teaming up. In my group of well experienced players, we even started to give the Zombie Player some kind of advantage - as described in "Growing Hunger" - go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny de Kooter
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yeah, after reading all the session reports and reviews over here I had the feeling the zombies had the better odds by far. And was about to agree, till this last session. Those 2 friends were cousins(not mine, but they were eachothers cousin), and they worked together extremely well. Because they had searched so much their heroes were real powerhouses and I really focussed on getting into the manor instead of killing heroes. I think this is were I went wrong. But I'll get my revenge alright!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.