Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: poop [+] [View All]
Conan McNamara
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celebrity is a great party game for large groups, it's particularly awesome with eight or more players. Celebrity is designed by one person and produced by some other people. When you buy it you will get some components.

Before I go further I should be clear that I have never played 'Celebrity' nor will I ever. It seems like a great game, but it pales in comparison to the homemade version that I have been shown and, in my turn, shown to others.

This game was introduced to me as Poop Smoothie. Basically everyone playing writes down some crap on some paper, and then it's all mixed together and the game begins.

Rules Summary
I've posted detailed rules for the game here:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/425497
In summary: each player gets 5 or 6 slips of paper on which they write some nouns. Some examples: gingivitis, a black eye, She-Ra, The Emancipation Proclamation, Burma, thread, Wonder Dog... You could even write down a celebrity's name if you'd like (or you can play using only celebrity's names for a more authentic Celebrity gaming experience).

Players are on two teams, and on a player's turn they have one minute to pull out the slips of paper one at a time and try to get their teammates to guess what is written on the paper.

The game is played in three rounds, and the same pieces of paper (with the same terms on them) are used in each round, so by the time round 3 arrives each term has been guessed twice already.

Round 1: a player can do nearly anything to get their teammates to guess correctly, but they can't say the words on the paper, spell the words, or use "rhymes with ___"

Round 2: a player cannot speak or make sounds, they must use only physical gestures to get their teammates to guess correctly.

Round 3: a player can only say one word to their teammates for each term, no gestures, no follow up, just one word.

Thoughts
This is a great party game, with a fun crowd it can get really wild. The different rounds also utilize different intelligences and logic: linguistic/descriptive, then physical/kinesthetic, and the word association and memory elements of the third round are delicious (an adjective that must be used carefully with Poop Smoothie). I've played with a wide range of groups, and it's been a blast every time.

Try Poop Smoothie, it's easy to set up and all you need is paper, a bag, and some way to keep time. 8 out of 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When we play Celebrity, we do the one word round second and the pantomime round last. I think this builds to the more hilarious finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the ruleset for Time's Up!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Hays
United States
Raymore
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Celebrity is the name of a parlor game which was apparently made into a published game of the same name. Time's Up is another published version of basically the same game. My friends and I prefer the parlor game because people put in the names of people (living, dead, fictional) that they already know. I like Time's Up but unfortunately a lot of the people are not well known by most people in the group. Of course, the game somewhat corrects this fault in the second and third rounds as long as people paid attention in the first round. This variation "reviewed" here sounds interesting. We'll have to try it next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.