Popular Tags: [View All]
John Velonis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Mmm... humans...
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing this the other night and a difference of opinion arose regarding the special ability for "Three's Company". The card says, "At the beginning of your turn, if 'Three's Company' shares a space with 3 or more horses, collect $5 from the bank."

Suppose there are exactly 3 horses in a space, one of which is Three's Company. Does his owner collect the $5? Or must there be 3 other horses in the space (4 total)? The wording seems to imply the latter, but the name of the horse fits better with the former.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even have the game yet, but I would be very confident in ruling it as: Three's Company counts, so collect your $5.

When you "share" something with someone, you're included too... otherwise there's no sharing!

Three horses sharing a space would include all three of those horses sharing the space.... --DG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Handy
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Shares a space with 3" means "my horse, and 3 or more others"...meaning 4 or more total horses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then the horse should be called "Four's a Crowd".

Not the greatest wording, it doesn't say "shares a space with 3 others", it just says 3 horses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pike
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this include the starting space? (i.e. if Three's Company and several other horses don't get out of the gate for 4-5 turns, this could rack up quite a bit of cash). Guess the probability of that depends on how may people playing.

Thanks

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this the other night, owned Three's Company... I only got paid when there were three or more OTHER horses on that space with me. I also owned the second horse and one turn I thought I was going to be able to use its ability to move up 3 spaces to the same space that number 3 was on, triggering 3's special ability, but alas...

You'll all be pleased to know that number 3 came in first, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested in - Does this include the starting space?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Handy
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it includes the starting space. Some cards do NOT include starting space, but they say so on the card.

Enjoy!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ejcarter wrote:
I only got paid when there were three or more OTHER horses on that space

Indeed. The word 'share' is key. If you share something with someone, there are 2 of you there, so sharing with 3 is indeed 3 others. Not the best wording, but perhaps the designers were playing off the "4 is a crowd" thing for this ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.