Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
KOHLE, KIE$, and KNETE: Tory, yBob, Gary, Komrom, Phil, oBob

We ended the evening with this cutthroat game of deal-making. Although the game really doesn't revolve around dice-rolling, I none-the-less must have burst the good karma bubble, as I scooped up the stray dice on the table and insisted that we use the one that came with the game. I don't know why I did it -- I just get kinda ornery when it approaches 10pm. But this action, I think, doomed me for the rest of the game, as the only luck I ever got thereafter was of the BAD variety.

The turn order was oBob, Gary, yBob, Phil, Komron, and Tory. I foolhardily started the first deal, ostensibly to show Komron how the game was played. I figured that a deal worth a total of $8mil was chump change and that no one would disrupt it. I, of course, was wrong. Gary decided that my permanent "K" investor needed to go on vacation, and as this investor was crucial to the deal (and no one could produce a relative), this deal was killed. Komron then attempted the same deal on his turn, and this time both he and I lost our permanent investors to yBob and Gary. Although I did manage to send the "K" investor out on vacation again to kill the deal, I then played the rest of the game without a permanent investor. Two subsequent attempts at securing one were stopped dead in their tracks.

Meanwhile, yBob seemed to be the nexus of most early deals and was the clear leader. This perception persisted throughout the game, even as Tory and Gary managed to score some big deals. Komron, oBob, and I were left to fight for pity points and scrap shares. Tory managed to get involved in the last deal of the game, and this gave her enough cash to squeak by yBob for the win. Final scores were: 55, 49, 42, 29, 26, 19. Komron is most anxious to play this game again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.