flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Robin Hood
cost 5

+1 card
+2 coins

Every other player reveals the top 2 cards from their draw deck. Trash the highest revealed treasure card, and give number of Coppers equal to the face value of the trashed card to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Siren
cost 4

+1 card
+1 action
+4 coins
+1 buy

Trash this card, and gain a Curse card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Circus
cost 7

Worth 1 VP for every unique kingdom card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Mendicant
cost 0

Other players must give you 1 card from their hand. Put these cards into your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Bell Tower
cost 2

+1 action
+1 buy

Gain a Bell Tower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pan
United States
flag msg tools
Can you please explain how the Circus works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry for the late reply I was playing basketball.

The kingdom cards are the 10 cards you lay out. More specifically, everything you can buy except for the Copper, Silver, Gold, Estate, Duchy, Province, and Curse.

So if you have 4 types of kingdom cards, and 6 Circus cards, you would get 24 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Platt
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
STOP POKING MEEEE!
badge
This is not my pokerface... I'm just really dull.
mbmbmbmbmb
My two cents:

Robin Hood would work just fine if the coppers went to the original owners of the trashed treasure cards. Lost a gold? Don't worry, here's three copper. That's some fine peeing in the pool right there. Of course if I'm running something Moneylender, I'm pretty ok with you playing this card.

Siren I might tweak so that the coin and trash/curse were both optional, similar to Mining Village.

Circus is actually a pretty cool concept, though I'd want to play it first to make sure I can't break it. (I'd especially want to test it with the Black Market in play)

Mendicant: Pretty weak by itself, especially if curses are in play. A bit better in combo with something like Militia. But I think the fact that you placed its cost at zero means you subconsciously recognize the unlikely viability of this card.

Bell Tower: So eventually, they clog up your deck and make it impossible to churn thru with any reasonable speed. (After all, if Bell Tower is your only action, you're screwed.) Not sure I'd buy this except MAYBE for a Gardens deck. And even then, I like Woodcutter more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Nah, you are being called by the siren man--you have no control.

Agreed, mendicant is pretty useless, in fact helps your opponent, unless you combo it with militia or torturer. But late game in a 4 player game, it can be pretty powerful: you can get 3 coppers for 3 coins, or 3 estates for 3 VPs.

Bell Tower is a way for someone in the lead to end the game. Everytime they ring the bell the end gets closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Bailey
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin Hood:
I'm okay with this card if it said each player gets a number of Coppers based on their own card only, or based on the highest-worth card trashed among all players -- but not an echo effect where in a 4-player game, hitting a Silver on each other player means they each get 6 Coppers.

Siren:
You use this to gain an extra Province, so used best it's worth about 5vp/2 cards with the chance to upgrade it to a full-blown Province, which seem like a 7 or 6 to me. However, you need other cards to make it work.. So maybe it's a 5. Strip the +1 card/action and maybe it's a 4.

Circus:
This may be okay. My feeling is it's 1vp too good; you can get it up to 4vp without breaking a sweat. So maybe, "Worth 1vp for each Kingdom card in your deck (except Circus)."

(The temptation is to make new cards too strong so they look appealing, then they get played a lot, and people get tired of seeing them, and they get priced/nerfed to where they should have been; but if they'd been there all along they wouldn't have been played so much, so you might not know how good they really were...)

Mendicant:
Needs a way to avoid depleting hands. So each other player... "Gives you a card from his hand or gains a Curse", or "Gives you a card from his hand and draws a card", or "Gives you a card from his hand. Players with less than 3 cards in hand draw a card", etc.

Bell Tower:
Hrm. "+1 Card. +1 Action. You may gain a Bell Tower. If you do, +1 Buy."?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Robin Hood:
I'm okay with this card if it said each player gets a number of Coppers based on their own card only, or based on the highest-worth card trashed among all players -- but not an echo effect where in a 4-player game, hitting a Silver on each other player means they each get 6 Coppers.

If there are two or more cards tied for highest value, you get to pick which single one to trash. By the way the player whose treasure gets trashed do not get any Coppers.

We playtested it. It worked pretty well. A strong attack card in the right setups. But not stronger than the Witch.

Quote:
Siren:
You use this to gain an extra Province, so used best it's worth about 5vp/2 cards with the chance to upgrade it to a full-blown Province, which seem like a 7 or 6 to me. However, you need other cards to make it work.. So maybe it's a 5. Strip the +1 card/action and maybe it's a 4.

I think it is fine as is. A typical scenario is you buy Siren on a turn, and a Province on a later turn. Compare that to buying Duchy on a turn, and another Duchy on a later turn. The former gives you 5VP/2 cards, the latter 6VP/2 cards. Of course you can trash the Curse later, but that requires effort too and is not something facilitated by the Siren card itself.

We playtested the Siren. It seems to work fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Bailey
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drunkenKOALA wrote:
Robin Hood:
By the way the player whose treasure gets trashed do not get any Coppers.
Ah okay, looks like I misread the card assuming it was even across players and wouldn't have a pick-the-target element. Not sure if I like the way it operates on Coppers, trashing them helpfully in 2p, or benefiting one player while hurting others in 3-4p. Add a "You may..If you do"?

Quote:
Siren:
I think it is fine as is. A typical scenario is you buy Siren on a turn, and a Province on a later turn. Compare that to buying Duchy on a turn, and another Duchy on a later turn.
4 is a more interesting cost for it, in any case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Chen
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Then you should wait on buying Robin Hood until people have sufficient Silvers and Golds. Timing your buys is part of the skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Bailey
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or show skill by not buying it at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.