Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

This game does seem to be cursed !

I really am stuck because I have heard so much said against the 2nd edition that I am not sure if the Czech Board Game is the one in question. Is it ?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

The problem is : I am not exactly sure what the errors are and if PDF would cover them.

If components (eg: cards, cubes, etc) are missing or misprinted from this edition, how would a first timer know ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
Czech Edition is first edition. Fred's edition is second. Latest version is second edition, second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Oh ! I just ordered it because I would never have thought that there was still a first edition still out there).

So, that is THE one that has the major faults ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

Oh ! I just ordered it because I would never have thought that there was still a first edition still out there).

So, that is THE one that has the major faults ?

Every edition has some mistakes, but they're not that big. You want to get the latest one as it has enough tokens for four players game (sometimes in earlier editions, yellow tokens would run out)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Had to act quickly because amazon UK had just one left and it simply said: Czech Board Game. From what Marcin said above, I took it that it was the first edition.

There was nothing showing number of cubes or anything else.

Anyway, as you, Phil said....minor changes. No real problems if I check with PDF and read the TtA Forum, I will sort any hiccups by referring to said helping aids.

Thank you All for your help.

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elfrododumbo wrote:

Had to act quickly because amazon UK had just one left and it simply said: Czech Board Game. From what Marcin said above, I took it that it was the first edition.

I doubt it is first edition as it is out of print for very long. I'm guessing it's Fred's second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Great

I have something to really look forward to later on this week or early next week.

Will read "tough" rules, jot down probs , PDF and TtA forum and then get started.

I really wanted TtA ever since I became a Geek (! goo).

As you rightly say, Phil: a lot of folks are here to help.

Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
yosz wrote:
elfrododumbo wrote:

I doubt it is first edition as it is out of print for very long. I'm guessing it's Fred's second printing.

If he can get a first edition CBG-edition from Amazon UK, that would be ridiculous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the blurb writer meant, "This is a boardgame from the Czech Republic."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.