Subject: Announcing Hero Mages! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: online_games [+] [View All]
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
D20Studios, LLC is pleased to announce the release of our first game title, Hero Mages! Originally developed as a board game, Hero Mages is now being released as a free online multiplayer Flash game. Perhaps the first of its kind, Hero Mages allows you to engage in fantasy battles with up to four players in an immersive interactive experience that captures the feel of a board game all from within your web browser! Our game will go live Wednesday, July 22nd at 7:00PM CDT and we invite you to join us for our launch event. Visit our website at www.heromages.com. Hope to see you there!

Ross Przybylski, Manager
D20Studios, LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea. Bookmarked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome! I'll definitely be checking it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily H.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a game - it's great! The interface is fun and the game is a lot of fun to play. I really like that there is so much variety in the array of different mages and guardians (i.e., all their different powers) you can choose to play with. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Peterson
United States
St. Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game....had a few bugs and then I got DC'd at the end of my first match...but it was fun and easy to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Our launch was a great success- thank you all so much for joining us! We apologize for the bugs and will do our best to get any issues you discovered fixed. It would help us out a lot if you could post any bugs you encounter in our forums.

We want to build a strong community of postive, like-minded gamers like yourselves- it would mean alot to us for you to share the game with your friends and post feedback on our forums. We look forward to playing with you again soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I logged in as a guest last night to check it out, and was quite impressed. I played a game to try it out, and it was alot of fun. I don't know if the videogame Chaos was one of your influences, but it had the flavor of that game but not quite as random or crazy, lol. I'm in the middle of moving, so I don't have alot of free time, but when I get a chance I definitely plan to register, so I can have my own name on there and check out the other mage types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riley
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just created an account and want to play, but the lobby is almost deserted. There's just this one dude, mechanizer and he wont' even talk to me.

Anyone up for a game?

Nevermind Someone just joined my game. This is fun! More people should try it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Perhaps these screenshots will inspire some more of you to come check us out! Our playerbase is still small- but growing steadily. We even have several dedicated fans that have been waiting patiently in the lobby for an opponent to play with! I'll personally be online Wednesday night 7/29/09 at 7:30PM CDT- come play some games with us!

A four player 2vs2 team game in progress!

See your dice rolls for the true board game feel!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riley
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey y'all, this is a really fun game. It's got a strong boardgame influence and feel to it.

There's different mage types as well as different minion types which makes for some nice variety and decision making. It's got some tactical/miniature/wargamey aspects, but there is also a euro/strategy feel with the deck of spell cards and deciding how to play against the different types of mages and mins.

Give it a try if this sounds at all appealing to you. I want more people to play games with

My name there is also HazMatt. Look for me, I'll walk you through a game. I've played about 10 games so far and although I've lost a lot more than I've won, I want to play more. I usually login sometime between 8 and 10 pm PST.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
We got a nice crowd online now- come join us for some games!

-Lots of fun for those who made it!!!- Some truly EPIC battles this evening, I must say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Version 1.1.0 just released! New features and more- plus lots of players online atm- come join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a couple times now. It's a blast. Looking forward to trying a 2v2 soon.

Gameplay is quick, and the units have enough abilities to make them interesting without making them overly complicated. There are plenty of different boards to choose a game on, and 1v1, 2v2, and free-for-all options. I highly recommend checking it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Hero Mages was a HUGE hit at GenCon this year. Fans of boardgames, strategy, CCGs, DnD, and roleplaying alike all enjoyed it. As a result of the con, we've got a surge of new players online- so you shouldn't have any difficulty finding opponents now. If you haven't checked us out already, visit www.heromages.com.

We even had the pleasure of meeting Derk Solko- co-creator of boardgamegeek while we were there (one of the highlights of our trip) and we're greatly looking forward to expanding our presence in this absolutely wonderful community of gamers. For pics and vids about our GenCon event, visit http://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I started playing this over the weekend and am really enjoying it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Hero Mages v1.3 is now live! Check this out if you enjoy turn based strategy games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
RossD20Studios wrote:
Hero Mages v1.3 is now live! Check this out if you enjoy turn based strategy games!

What is new?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb

Top New Features:

Party Builder: Allows you to discover the heroes of Papillion in a fun an interactive way and stores your selections between games.

Minotaur: A new, exclusive playable character with abilities including a fearsome bull charge and blood curdling roar

Game Balance has been finely tuned in accordance with player feedback and comments we received from the Independent Games Festival.

Hot Keys added to all actions within the game

Interface enhancements including visual indicators for spell effects and an improved targeting system

Complete list of changes:
http://www.heromages.com/news/versionInfo.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb

Greetings fellow geeks!

I'm posting to invite my fellow board game lovers to join me tonight for the Hero Mages v1.4 Launch Party, which begins at 7:00PMCDT.

For those unfamiliar with the game, Hero Mages is a free-to-play, online turn-based strategy game that combines aspects of table-top miniature gaming and collectible cards in a fun experience that's just like playing a board game with your friends!

In addition to numerous fixes and enhancements, v1.4 will include a large array of player requested features, such as the ability to rejoin live games, 8-player support, enhanced team play, active leaderboards, and much more!

For the official announcement, check out: http://www.heromages.com/news/announcements/v1.4Launch.html

I hope to see you guys there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Hi board gamers!

It's been awhile since I've visited, but I just wanted to share that I've recently released Hero Mages for Android. The latest build includes singleplayer as well as multiplayer cooperative.

Check it out here: [url]https://market.android.com/details?id=air.com.d20studios.her...
[/url]

Fear not, Apple fans, the iOS version is coming soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Przybylski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Greetings to the original and still beloved Hero Mages audience!

Back in November, I promised you an iOS version and I'm back to personally deliver on that promise...

Hero Mages is officially on the App Store AND is currently being featured by Apple in the "New and Noteworthy" gaming section.

View Hero Mages in the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero-mages/id516465368?uo=4&m...

For those interested in learning more, be sure to check out the first official review by iFanzine.com at: http://ifanzine.com/hero-mages-review/

Also check out my developer interview where I discuss the making of the game and some upcoming features: http://ifanzine.com/interview-with-d20studios-ross-przybylsk...

Update- So many players have requested Async gameplay that I've made this a priority and hope to have this up very soon (possibly as early as next month if all goes well).

Also, some players have addressed concerns regarding In-App purchase model and other quirks- I have personally addressed these here on BoardGameGeek in the following post: http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/9604/ios-news-ticket-to-ri...

Finally, I would also like to announce that the free-to-play browser based version has undergone a major overhaul with new interface and the inclusion of a single-player tutorial campaign that teaches you how to play the game! Check it out at www.heromages.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ross has submitted an update to the App Store that adds, among other things, asynch support and iap of the different mage classes!

http://www.heromages.com/news/announcements/v1.8Launch.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the update is finally out for iPhone! A great game just got even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.