3 Posts

Arkham Horror: Innsmouth Horror Expansion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Innsmouth Material? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik W
United States
flag msg tools

I started with the first part of the Oceanic Assault ability as part of an ability for an Investigator (The Harbormaster) I was trying to make. They would have been able to make aquatic locations spread out one location further, for some tactical reason ('Open the Floodgates'). But that seemed like stealing Silas's nautical thunder so I transformed it into this. It relies heavily on Innsmouth and most likely needs 4+ Investigators to make sure the DOR track is under control.

----

Here's that Harbormaster after I gave the whole Investigator concept another go. One idea I had was that he was lost at sea and appeared as a ghost in random locations or was only allowed to move X spaces away from an aquatic location (thus the sort of photograph-like portrait/framing rather than a colored one). That inspired me toward the LitaS adaptation to the Falcon Point ability.

The Us and Them ability specifically had the AO above in mind.

And here's his son - angry at the seas that draw his father away from him so he becomes obsessed with the opposite of water. If I make plot cards for these two, they'll probably have to unite in LitaS or Albert assists the Captain in ridding Innsmouth of the terrible secrets that surround their family by firebombing several locations in one go.

----

And a random Drifter-type Investigator. Every board brings more distance and more empty street locations. I wanted an Investigator that could make use out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really well done. I especially like the combat ability of the GOO and the special ability of the drifter.

Thanks for the material!

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Wisniewski
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Find me on Twitter @bgg_geraldkw
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it he found the Sword of Glory while dumpster diving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.